"Oh great, this noob is asking MORE questions..."
Create Post

"Oh great, this noob is asking MORE questions..."

I know that's probably what most of you are thinking, but I have a few more questions, that I'd love to have answered if you don't mind taking some time. Say I was to go through a NROTC program (Marine Option), and join the Marines as an Officer. I get all the steps that I would have to go through, but I am very confused about the order in which they would occur. Can anyone at least give me a link that might clear this up for me, or tell me what the order is? Also, I read an article about boot camp that said that any recruit that is a "squad leader, or 'special recruit'" will get a lot of time on the quarterdeck. Does that mean going in as an officer would guarantee me more time than normal on the quarterdeck? Also, if I was just to work toward the title of officer through OCS, what process would I go through? I'm a bit confused about this whole Officer deal, as you can see, but I love leading people, and am heavily focused on teamwork, so I just wanted to get some more information about it. Thanks Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    INCOMING!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    INCOMING!

You beat me Kim.

I guess I messed up somewhere. Has this been covered before or something?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Have you tried doing a search in the Poolee Forum?

Take cover Marines,INCOMING.

Incoming, Aye Sir!

READY! Spirit MOVE! Discipline

*ramble ramble ramble*

Sittin back in my lawn chair, beer in one hand, Trashcan lid in the other (shield), sunglasses and brain-bucket on.

Waiting for the firestorm!

yeah you should probly search forums matt, i'll just let you know this right off the bat if you tried becoming an officer you would'nt go to regular bootcamp like enlisted Marines, you'd go to OCS, can't speak much more on that cause i'v never been there!

Quote Originally Posted by TennysonUSMC
    Incoming, Aye Sir!

READY! Spirit MOVE! Discipline

*ramble ramble ramble*
    Damn, hit the deck reading it, now where is "All clear recover?"

Yes, actually I have searched, and couldn't find anything I could really use. :-\ Sorry...
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmusto
    yeah you should probly search forums matt, i'll just let you know this right off the bat if you tried becoming an officer you would'nt go to regular bootcamp like enlisted Marines, you'd go to OCS, can't speak much more on that cause i'v never been there!
    Are you sure about this? Maybe I should just talk to a recruiter, but I'd not bother a recruiter with my meddling questions when I've still got a few years left to go, and could ask here. That's basically what I want to know. Do you have to take a different path to get to Officer, or is it just enlisting, and then 'applying' to be an officer? Thanks for all the help and critisism guys. I appreciate it.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes, actually I have searched, and couldn't find anything I could really use. :-\ Sorry...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ianmusto

Are you sure about this? Maybe I should just talk to a recruiter, but I'd not bother a recruiter with my meddling questions when I've still got a few years left to go, and could ask here. That's basically what I want to know. Do you have to take a different path to get to Officer, or is it just enlisting, and then 'applying' to be an officer? Thanks for all the help and critisism guys. I appreciate it.

Well, Duh!!!

Hear the whistling noise?

INCOMING!!!

You're right, my mistake guys. I completely overlooked that option. Feel free to lock this. Please forgive my absent mindedness. Thanks again for the help, and I'll give my recruiter a call!

Thread Information