Pictures of Old Marine Barracks, Norfolk, VA - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Yes, and remember downing the beers up in the bar before going out to kick some sailors asses! I really had a good times while TAD at the rifle range on Damneck base. Hope all's going well with you!

Semper Fi

Tony there is also a Marine Barracks Norfolk Facebook page I chatted with Dennis over there. I drove him home before he went over to Oki. I was the other Boston kid. You helped me qualify Expert on the Pistol Couldn't get past sharpshooter on the rifle. Sorry about the s at the end. When you put the AUW Dam Neck thing up I remembered you been almost 40 years

Gunny Dombrowski?
    I bought his green four door Renault.

Damn, the memories.

Tony damn Cheek! How ya doing Brother? Long time. Still alive?

I'm wracking my brain Durant and I can't picture you. It's Vick, AUW. Remember Feb 23 1977 behind the wire? Scott&Scudder?

Hope all is well. and by the way, can't we put up Pvt Timothy G Scudder as a lost Brother. I remember having beers with his Dad, Leslie in the MarBar. And just so you know Pfc.Milton R Scott was sentenced to 30 hard but was released in 92. Living in Antioch Tn.

Leave a note at Scudders gravesite on Findagrave.com.

Semper Fidelis

Vick I remember you. I got to the barracks right after the Scott/Scudder murder happened and had never met either one of them. We were behind the Wire together and Dombrowski punished me once by giving me 30 days behind the wire. I was nodding on post. It never happened again. I saw where Leslie passed away in 2007 Check out Marine Barracks Norfolk VA page on Facebook House, Vaught, Martin, Boyd, Himes and others are there

Now I got it. Damn! Long time. I'm not on FB but I'll see about getting on it.

The 30 day deal with Gunny Ski tripped the brain pan. 30 days in. That kind of thing sucked arse.

Thanks for the reply brother, I'll be in touch.

Marine Barracks, Norfolk VA June 12 2017

Not sure if anyone is aware, but they are getting ready to tear down MB-28 this summer. The attached photo's are from today (6/12/17). I have about 15 more pictures but for whatever reason I couldn't get them to upload and some loaded upside down. The place looks awful. All those hours I spent police calling the grounds and field daying the barracks, broke my heart. Anyways, if anyone wants the other pictures I have just email me at kevinhutt69@gmail.com.

Attached Images Attached Images

Wow that's sad to hear.

Was there in 1984/86 Loved every minute of it. Now work for the VA and work with a guy who was there when I was, he is now a retired Gunny, imagine that!

I stood the gates while in the Main Guard at Marine Barracks Norfolk from early 1959 to mid 1960. I was then transferred to the Security Detachment at Armed Forces Staff College when I got a Final Top Secret Clearance. I loved Norfolk and even did a number of weekend trips there when I was transferred to Camp Lejeune in 1961.

Special services where I worked my last year

The building in front was a gym weights bball court racquet court 77-80 MB28

Well the last post in this thread was back in 2018. I’m just now joining, I was at the barracks in 1974 - 1976 , I started out as a gate guard and then went to the AUW complex under Capt Armstrong, I have the distinction of being the recipient of being shot in the back while on duty at the AUW complex, accidental discharge of a 12ga shotgun on Dec 5th 1976.

Thread Information