Pictures of Old Marine Barracks, Norfolk, VA - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Anybody who served on the Rock, please check into this FB link. TY!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/246981062133237/

Lt Decker,my phone signal is minimal to none where I'm located, connections sporadic. This works better....rtsmith49er@yahoo.com
    Sir, would you happen to have any video of pulling colors at AFSC?????

Just curious who caught my failed salute while pulling colors when my snap salute launched my cover off to the deck.....I recovered and carried on.....embarrassing moment for me.

I was stationed at Marine Barracks from 2/59-6/61, AFSC part of that time !

I was there at the same time, Jim Hansford from Athens Ga !

Was there at the very same time, Jim Hansford, Athens Ga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jim hansford View Post
    I was there at the same time, Jim Hansford from Athens Ga !
    Sorry, talking to myself, Old Fart !

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    don't expect many replies from a years old thread.

Was stationed at the barracks from 77 to 80. Open squad bays lived above the navy mess hall while they were renovating the barracks. Got out the month everyone moved in to the ne barracks. Capt Armstrong could do some pull ups. I never beat him but one year i did get 66 to win the field day. Spent my time at AUW (they moved as well when i got out) and spent a year in the gym with Special Services. How many times would you be in yhe marbar swilling 50 cent cans because it was the cheapest place to drink between pay days

Hell yes I remember Capt. Armstrong & he loved acting out his Damn name! He would run us all over the base & love running us to the ships! I was there from 76 to 80. Did some time behind the wire @ AUW & then a great time TAD to Damneck working the range. I had a roomie @ the range named Arty Brown from Denver CO. Maybe you know him, he came over from the Correctional Facility.

Is that you Cheeks

That's Cpl. Cheek. Everybody wants to put a s on my last name. Capt. Armstrong was a must anger.

Capt. Armstrong was a Mustager

"Debo" This is Cpl. Tony Cheek from TX, AUW & rifle range. Glad to run across you here and I think it's great that you stayed in! MSgt. How many yrs. did you put in? I lost track of Arty after I left Va. Beach. Look me up on facebook.

Semper Fi

Thread Information