Pictures of Old Marine Barracks, Norfolk, VA
Create Post
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Pictures of Old Marine Barracks, Norfolk, VA

Here are some Pictures I took in 1985 of Marine Barracks in Norfolk VA.
    This would soon become the home base for FAST company.

Yes remember them well look just the same in 73

Cool pics.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for posting these flicks... I'd do the same if I knew how. Have a few that are scanned in and saved to jpg. I spent 2&1/2 years at the barracks, roughly. From 3/73 to 9/75. It was good duty and I served with some great guys in the AFSC detachment. Recently found three of the old crew by chance on a similar forum (Casler, Hunt, and Gunny Root) . Adding them to the four I stay in contact with (Anderson, Humbird, Collar and Wilson) makes a pretty good handful. Would like to hear from Cpl Patrillo, L/Cpl Cero, Cpl Smitty, Cpl Sutton, L/Cpl Jimmy Anderson, Sgt Green, Sgt Hall, Cpl Newton, Cpl Sam Perry, the Story brothers, Ottis and Floyd, L/Cpl Michaels, Melvin, Sgt Boring, Keeling, T-Bone or anyone else out there I've neglected to name. I'd love to hear from any of your rascals. Same for you Chaffin. Keep the faith. Sgt John Maddog Madden

Wow.....that's actually now the building where MCSF Battalion is headquarted. No longer a barracks, it's now where the Battalion Staff, Battalion SgtMaj and Battalion CO have their offices. The bottom floor is where the Battalion CONAD/Admin is located. I used to go there every day when I was with 3rd FAST in '06-'07. 3rd and 1st FAST now share the barracks on Camp Allen outside of the Naval Station. I don't know what that building in front of the Battalion building used to be but it's now an MCCS gym.

Even though those pics are from two decades before I was there, these pics still brought back memories. Thank you.

Yup, that is the place.

I had a great time while with MCSFBN.

Credits
    Savings

Marine Barracks NorfolK VA; AFSC in 1973 & 1974

This is my first time to try and post attachments so I hope I'm doing it right.

Wanted to share the pics with those who might have served here, but more than anything was hoping to flush some old Marines out into the open. We'd mostly be in our mid-to-late-fifties now. We've a group of about eight from the same era communicating on email, etc., and would be glad to collect a few more from our unit, which was AFSC, or anyone else from Main Guard or AUW for that matter.

Of the picks I've tried to upload:
    1st is two buddies on the balcony with the old gym in backdrop.
    2nd is Formation in early 73, maybe even late 72, out front on lawn.
    3rd is Formation of the AFSC section out at the college.
    4th is Formation the CO's end of the barracks.

Here's to hoping some old friends are surfing the site,
    Sgt John (Maddog) Madden

Attached Images Attached Images

Very good pitchers. Question anybody have pitchers of Marine Barracks Hawthorn, Nev.?

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog0311 View Post
    Thanks for posting these flicks... I'd do the same if I knew how. Have a few that are scanned in and saved to jpg. I spent 2&1/2 years at the barracks, roughly. From 3/73 to 9/75. It was good duty and I served with some great guys in the AFSC detachment. Recently found three of the old crew by chance on a similar forum (Casler, Hunt, and Gunny Root) . Adding them to the four I stay in contact with (Anderson, Humbird, Collar and Wilson) makes a pretty good handful. Would like to hear from Cpl Patrillo, L/Cpl Cero, Cpl Smitty, Cpl Sutton, L/Cpl Jimmy Anderson, Sgt Green, Sgt Hall, Cpl Newton, Cpl Sam Perry, the Story brothers, Ottis and Floyd, L/Cpl Michaels, Melvin, Sgt Boring, Keeling, T-Bone or anyone else out there I've neglected to name. I'd love to hear from any of your rascals. Same for you Chaffin. Keep the faith. Sgt John Maddog Madden
    Try this host , its free just follow the instructions, its what I use .

http://tinypic.com/

Andy

Good job maddog. I had a great time at the barracks with my marine buddies.

Nice pic. Remember standing on those steps

bigjsr

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog0311 View Post
    This is my first time to try and post attachments so I hope I'm doing it right.

Wanted to share the pics with those who might have served here, but more than anything was hoping to flush some old Marines out into the open. We'd mostly be in our mid-to-late-fifties now. We've a group of about eight from the same era communicating on email, etc., and would be glad to collect a few more from our unit, which was AFSC, or anyone else from Main Guard or AUW for that matter.

Of the picks I've tried to upload:
    1st is two buddies on the balcony with the old gym in backdrop.
    2nd is Formation in early 73, maybe even late 72, out front on lawn.
    3rd is Formation of the AFSC section out at the college.
    4th is Formation the CO's end of the barracks.

Here's to hoping some old friends are surfing the site,
    Sgt John (Maddog) Madden

From what I remember it looks the same as it did when I was there from 72 to 74

Thanks for the photos. I was stationed there from April 1967 through August 1968, with a 6 month TAD to Lajas Azores to guard the AUW complex there. Marine Barracks was great duty for an 0311 just back from Vietnam. Tried to get on the base last year to visit, but it now is a closed base. Took the bus tour which drove past the Barracks so I got a quick look at the place. Brought back alot of good memories.

Thread Information