Achped
Create Post

Thread: Achped

Achped

How's Camp Johnson? Run into any idiot instructors yet?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Achped answers it.... it's a loaded question.......

Give it your thorough observation Matt! Insert foot in mouth!

Sigh, Camp Johnson. Lol

He is living the good life right now...

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtOfMarines
    How's Camp Johnson? Run into any idiot instructors yet?
    Is this a trick question? Kidding kidding. I remember Camp Johnson, not always fondly either. The GySgt made me the "Platoon Leader". Basically I got the ass chewings when everyone else screwed up .

But it helped prepare me for Sgt .

I have to be honest, coming from the ITB mindset I was expecting something else, but the instructors here are honestly really motivated and squared away. And holy crap, they can run forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    I have to be honest, coming from the ITB mindset I was expecting something else, but the instructors here are honestly really motivated and squared away. And holy crap, they can run forever.
    Have you picked up yet?

No, 3 1/2 weeks of barracks field daying...and the occasional working party.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    No, 3 1/2 weeks of barracks field daying...and the occasional working party.
    Any classes on leadership yet?

Yes actually SSgt, a Captain gave us classes every day last week on leadership, mentoring, staying out of trouble etc, its going to be a daily thing from now on. Somehow I think you already know this though...And I'm not just saying this because you may know the Captain or anything, but the majority of us here really appreciate the time spent with us and the advice he gives on improving ourselves. I've always known JJdidtiebuckle, but you rarely here of other leadership principles, like my personal favorite, know yourself and seek self improvement. And even when you do here of jjdidtiebuckle, no one ever really goes over what each of mean and how to apply them in something as simple as signing a roster. Theres always an opportunity to show leadership. You just have to look for it.

That being said, if you know the captain or anyone responsible for getting this thing started (For all I know, it could be you), and I'm being serious, not brown nosing, let them know we appreciate it. At first we thought it was going to be some stupid one time thing, sitting in a packed classroom listening to someone talk about judgment and crap like that, but now its actually turned into "Hey man, we just went over that today, don't go and bring beer into the barracks, you know better."

Thread Information