Migraines
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Migraines

Migraines

Ok So here is the thing..I had migraines when I was a lot younger when I was like 10-11sh and my last one was around 13 or 14. I went to MEPS in December and on the advice of my recruiter as well as the advice of my doctor not tell them anything about it. Now I'm paranoid and know that I should tell them [MEPS] but don't know when I should because I've asked my recruiter about it several times and he just assures me that no one will find out and it will be fine(also the Gunnery Sergeant at the recruiting station said not to worry about it). So I had like 3 or 4 people telling me not to say anything about it..so basically I went on their advice and lied.. and figured that it was ok because they told me exactly what they people at MEPS would say to get me to "crack" and told me not to.. My MOS that I got is going to be Intel and I know that they do a very extensive background check and I know that it will more than likely pop up. I don't want a fraudulent discharge so I'm going to tell them before I go to the island (20080811). My question is since I have all these people telling me that its OK, should I just wait til I get to MEPS to be sworn in and tell them it all and get a waiver. I haven't had migraines in years so I know I can get one and even my doctor told me to say no so I know its possible. I'm just scared. Thanks! Chris

As I understand it, unless it has changed, migraines are disqualifying.

Credits
    Savings
    Tsk, tsk, tsk.

There is only one person that will get a FD.

YOU!!!!

Do you still have migraines? Can you prove your reply/

I know that it was not a good thing to do but I've been looking FD up and stuff and yeah its something I dont want to risk.. But no I haven't had a migraine in 5+ years..the reason I didn't say anything to begin with was because my Neurologist that I had..I got in touch with him before I went to the recruiter to get started with joining told me to not tell them..I screwed that up but I just want to be a Marine and don't want to risk anything so I'll tell MEPS. I read that since its been so long I can get a waiver for it so it isn't disqualifying as far as I know..I could be wrong.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Rule number 1 that your recruiter obviously needs to go over with you again:

No one else is your friend except your recruiter.

If you want to be a Marine, stfu and be a Marine. If you want to get your recruiter jailed and you don't want to be a Marine start talking at MEPs.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Don't get scared. If they kicked out every single person in the Marine Corps for hidden stuff that people covered up or lied about or simply forgot about there would be like 100 people in the Marine Corps.

I get headaches. I've gotten them since I was 4 years old and still get them to this day. They dont bother me as much as migranes but I get them everyday or close to it. Not the same situation I know but still lol.

all true. stfu and become a Marine.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    BY THE #'s

1.) TELL MEPS IF YOU HAD A PAST MEDICAL PROBLEM.

2.)IF YOU SKIRT OR BS AND SLIP THROUGH THE CRACK IT MADE BE CONSTITUTED AS FRAUDULENT ENLISTMENT.

3.)HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!

4.) MOTIVATION AND WANTING TO ENLIST IN THE WORLDS FINEST IS ADMIRABLE......BUT YOU HAVE TO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY!

5.) THERE IS A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF POOLEES ON THIS SITE THAT WENT TO A MCRD AND DIDN'T TELL OR SIDESTEPPED THE ISSUE AND WHEN THEY WERE SENT TO A HOLDING COMPANY TO BE PROCESSED FOR DISCHARGE AFTER TIME IN THE SICK BAY AND MRP AND WATCHED THE ORIGINAL PLATOON AND SERIES MARCH TO THE GRINDER FOR GRADUATION AND GOING HOME A MARINE WHILE THEY WERE ON THE SIDELINES PICKING UP TRASH AND GROOMING THE GROUNDS DURING POLICE CALL SO YOUR OLD SERIES CAN GRADUATE.

6.) YOUR CALL YOUR CHOICE...... I AM PASSING SOMETHING ALONG THAT IS ROCK SOLID INFORMATION. IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO IT YOUR WAY THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT AND WHEN YOUR BENCHED YOU'LL BE COMING BACK ASKING IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO GET PAST YOU RE-4 CODE AND ABLE TO DEP AND ENLIST AGAIN!

7.)THIS IS YOUR MARINE BRAIN THIS IS YOUR POOLEE BRAIN ON STUPIDITY !

What I am saying is the legal way is to tell them ALL if there is injury or medical documentation,and let the chips fall where they may. A waiver is a pain.....but in the long run it's lifetime insurance.

If it's an existing problem and not waived and something happens further down the road and after your career whether it be 4-20+ the VA when you claim an injury for SC it will get you nothing because it EPTE if not detected and waived.

Just my 35 year Marine and Veteran experience telling you the best policy.

There was a girl in FRP who lied and said she had migraines just so she could go home. They took care of her pretty fast, I'll tell you what. I would suggest telling whomever it is that will be there for the Moment of Truth about your migraines. It happens in one of your first days on the RD just for things like this.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Be up front about it from the get go. After that, you never have to worry about it coming up later unless, of course, you should start having them again. You wouldn't want a fraud enlistment on your record.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    I get headaches. I've gotten them since I was 4 years old and still get them to this day. They dont bother me as much as migranes but I get them everyday or close to it. Not the same situation I know but still lol.
    x2 I get them everyday almost all day. Its not close to a migraine, I can do everything to, function, workout, focus. Whatever though, is what I said. I want to be a Marine so bad, and Im not going to let a stupid headache hold me back. The way I see it is, nobody can tell you have a headache, and if somebody asks you, you can easily say no.

I got sent home on the 8th for Migraines. And I don't even have them...very long story. Migraines with AURA(I have had that before and it sucks major ass) I'm going back though.

But yeah if you don't have migraines anymore, don't bother saying anything. And don't ever say you have migraines(in training), you WILL be sent home unless you find a doc that willl give you the choice to stay or not but that's a crap shoot.

Just my $0.02.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by shpdt080701
    I got sent home on the 8th for Migraines. And I don't even have them...very long story. Migraines with AURA(I have had that before and it sucks major ass) I'm going back though.

But yeah if you don't have migraines anymore, don't bother saying anything. And don't ever say you have migraines(in training), you WILL be sent home unless you find a doc that willl give you the choice to stay or not but that's a crap shoot.

Just my $0.02.

Dan
    Screw that, Im not saying anything hurts at boot. If I want the title bad enough, ill just have to suck it up.

Paintballmaniac.

If you go to MEPS and you give them new information on your medical history that was not documented by your recruiter, the physician there will call up your recruiter and make him scramble to get those medical records for him, lots of paper work to be done in very little time and that will **** off your recruiter.

If you give them new information at MEPS that is grounds for disqualification, they will disqualify you, that is their job.

If you do not tell anyone at MEPS and then inform your recruiter after you are in the DEP, you will have an easier time working through it with your recruiter and you may be able to get a waiver or something.

This was my understanding from what my recruiter told me right before I left for MEPS. I made the mistake of adding in the information that I am allergic to pertussis and it almost got me DQ'ed. Luckily the doc let it fly and didnt make a big deal about it.

Be honest about it, but in your situation, be honest to your recruiter after you get through MEPS and he'll take care of you.

Thread Information