Thread: USMC Class Book

Credits
    Savings

Try Cpl. Miller at *********************

Credits
    Savings

Bootcamp Data base

Quote Originally Posted by ezychzy View Post
    Like most who graduated UMSC boot camp I bought a year book. A few couple years later while stationed in Okie I ran into my old Platoon Guide. During one of our conversations he mentioned he'd left his year/class book back home and asked to borrow mine, he wanted to look up a few people. I loaned him my book and as time went on I figured I knew how to reach him and would be able to get it back anytime. Well before you know it ti was time to leave the rock for CamPen. A few days after arriving at CamPen I realized I never go my book from him. Does anyone know if it is possible to get another one?

ELG
    Try this http://www.*********************/year...ry.php?cat=514

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am looking for yearbook or photos from San Diego '77. I lost my yearbook in a fire and the Historical Society does not have yearbooks or photos between '75 through '80.

Quote Originally Posted by smight View Post
    I am looking for yearbook or photos from San Diego '77. I lost my yearbook in a fire and the Historical Society does not have yearbooks or photos between '75 through '80.
    Platoon # and Date?

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My husband graduated in Dec 1977 from San Diego. Platoon 1100 81mm mortar 2nd Battalion 7th regimant 1st Division. I have tried yellowfootprints, amazon, e-bay, biblio,and abebooks. Looking at local used book stores. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was hoping to surprise him with it for his 50th birthday, but may not happen. Have to keep positive. Thanks to all

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA HITMAN View Post
    Platoon # and Date?

Parris Island
    Platoon 2026
    June 1982

Do you have 1067 Aug 1977 mcrd parris island

Looking for MCRD Platoon 3089, San Diego, 1980. Been trying to get a scanned copy of those that graduated. My husband was one of them. Since there are no copies of the yearbook anywhere, here's to hoping someone on here does. Please email me at ddhoward5@yahoo.co.nz. Trying to get it as a Christmas present since his graduation photo was wrecked in a hurricane , in the Pacific.

Your chances of finding a copy of your platoon book are only slightly better than winning Power Ball or Mega Millios (or even your state lottery).

I've had a search saved on ebay, looking for a copy of my platoon book which was destroyed (have it, just not usable) in a home plumbing incident. Ebay has a bunch listed. Hardly a day goes by that there are not new ones up for sale but in 15 years of searching I've gotten NO RESULTS FROM EBAY for mine or the books of the other two Marines I'm trying to help out.

I firmly believe the ones that end up on eBay or at a flea market or yard sale or in a used book store, etc are the result of an angry ex-spouse or the death of the Marine. I think it would be a rare case if a Marine willingly got rid of his platoon book.

The good news is, I did find a replacement but it was not using conventional means. How you say? I found all four of my Drill Instructors before they died and one of them had saved all the platoon books from all three tours he served on the drill field. He was gracious enough to send his copy of the platoon book from our platoon to me. Thank you Gunny Broadhead (Sgt. in 1962). Rest in peace Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post

Try Cpl. Miller at" yellowfootprints dot com"
    OR search the site here-
    tons of threads asking the same question

I have tried yellow footprints, Cpl Miller, ebay, libraries, a few others. No luck. Only option now is to post on Military sites and hope for the best.☺

Help please! Platoon 279 Parris Island 1973

Hi all. I am desperately looking for the yearbook (or anything) from Parris Island Platoon 279, Graduation Date 11/19/73. My dad, Frank Wayne Dudley, was part of this platoon and all of his memorabilia was destroyed. Any help is greatly appreciated as my sister and I are trying to surprise him with anything from this time in his life. His unit was second combat engineers and support company motor transport.

Thanks to everyone for your help, in advance!

Thank you,
    Stephanie Wolfe

Your chances of winning the lottery are better than your chances of finding a copy of your dad's platoon book. Don't get your hopes up but you could try yellowfootprints-dot-com

On the other hand, I am under the impression that platoon pictures (picture of the entire platoon in one shot) are available through the museum. Give them a call and check it out -- Museum 843-228-2951

Good luck.

Thank you so much for your help. I will keep looking and maybe even buy a lottery ticket today.

Thanks again!

Looking for PLT 3050, MCRD San Diego, 1976

Thread Information