PFT Standards?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PFT Standards?

PFT Standards?

Fellow Leathernecks!
    What are the current standards for the PFT? If you reach a certain age, does this equal more?--I hope not!!!
    OHH-RAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Eric

To be honest I have no idea what the minimum standards for a PFT are. I make sure that myself and everyone that I'm in charge of can run a first class. It's just never been an issue. However I'm sure that if you google it I'm sure that you will find your answer.

Check out Marine Corps Order (MCO) P6100-12. This has everything about the PFT except a breakdown of Min/Max by age grouping. You can google it and get plenty of answers.

OB MSG-Thanks.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

3 pull ups 60 crunches and 28 min 3 mile is the minimum I believe. Never ran below a 1st class so I may be off by a little bit. And that's for a male under 27. I'm not sure if the requirements are different once you run an "old man" pft.

Brewer-Thanks. I can handle the first two. The running is kinda dicey now.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

No problem Cpl Hood.

Remember - a minimum standard is a starting point, not a goal.

By the order, we train for combat - not to run good PFT's. At least that was our mindset before I retired.

If you are engaged in a regular, rigorous training regimen, the PFT will take care of itself.

In other words...your training should be of such an intense nature that on the day of the PFT, you consider that your "light" day.

Now...get some!

Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider
    I make sure that myself and everyone that I'm in charge of can run a first class
    Oh i bet they love you

Eric Hood you got a PFT approaching?

I can remember back in the old Corps ole davblay ran the 3 mile run in 14 minutes.. Man those where the days..

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I can remember back in the old Corps ole davblay ran the 3 mile run in 14 minutes.. Man those where the days..

What was dangling on a stick and string in front of him? Or who was chasin' him?

It was 4 Momma sahns in danang he promised to bring home.. Cant much blame him they where chewing beetlenut

Are the 3 PFT activities actually good for old guys bodies?

I have been wondering lately if pull ups and setups are actually too hard on our bodies. Everytime I do pull ups I tweak my shoulders, setups used to be blamed for back problems, and of course running can wear out our knees. So is it a good idea for an older guy with no obligation to pass a test, to keep those skills? Is there a less damaging activity that could substitute for those?

Not so lean, but just as green, and a lot more mean.

Quote Originally Posted by sdk87to91
    and of course running can wear out our knees.
    You running in Tony Lama buckaroos or Hathorn packers???

--->Dave

Red wings

8 inch red wing workboots with Vibram soles. I like the half height heel.

Thread Information