Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
He's too good for the army, he's got potential.

Hey kid I have a suggestion, instead of coming on here telling us you're going to be this or that. Why don't you do some research and see what kind of advanced job skills it takes to sniff the 0321 MOS. We don't just hand out titles or MOS specialties around here.

You can tell us about potential all day, however I can go up in the city and find a bum living on the street that once had potential. What separates that bum from you could be the title you earn at either MCRD. That will carry you longer and further then any degree, from any school.

Until you earn the title of US Marine, the chances are you'll never live up to your potential.
I realise that completely. I've done the research and have been working towards that goal of the reqs for the 0321 MOS for a while. I'm far from it, but like I said, I may never even apply for it. Acedimically, I think I'd be able to make it, but again, probably won't even try for the 0321 for a good while, even once I'm in the Corps. I just want to focus on the title of Marine for now, and work towards that MOS once I am a Marine. I know you don't just hand MOS's out. I understand that every title you could possibly get in the service, you have to earn.

And I get what you're saying man. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

And YellowWing, that's the thing. Agree completely. Once I'm 18, I don't have to justify anything to them. My choice, and they can support me or not.