Injured and Ticked
Create Post

Injured and Ticked

Hey Marines how's it going? I just wanted to take the time to tell a little story and possibly get a little advice.
    I graduated boot camp December 17 2010 and went to MCT on Jauary 16 2011. Before I enlisted I had a previous shoulder injury from pitching to much when I was little in baseball. I made it a little through MCT and was talking to my rack mate about my shoulder hurting and my platoon Sgt heard me and sent me to the smart clinic. After talking to every doctor there and having to go to the Navy Hospital on Camp Pendleton I ended up getting an Honorable Discharge on April 22 2011 with the promise of being able to reenlist when my shoulder was good. I have been fighting with this for almost a year now trying to reenlist. My shoulder has been cleared by a civilian doctor and I have been cleared by the army and air force but I just don't wanna join another branch. I signed up for 4 years not 8 months, and I want to be able to fill my commitment to the Marine Corps. So for any of you out there with pain that you can live with and isn't a serious injury don't say anything about it because next thing you know you could be going home. And for anyone else do you have any advice or suggestions to try and get back in?
    My old recruiter's boss told him not to work with me and a prior service recruiter told me to call a normal recruiter because I didn't make it out to the fleet I don't count as prior service. I appreciate you reading this and thank you for any responses I get.

Semper Fi!

When I am faced with a problem like this, I go to the Boss, and for me the Boss is the Master of Breakthrough, the Lord Himself. Ask, and you shall receive.

As for what you can physically do, say a prayer, and then go see your recruiter, and if that doesn't work, call his boss, and if that doesn't work, call his boss....

You can go all the way to the Commandant (although I am sure you won't have to get that far).

Best thoughts, Tom

What was the nature of the injury, rotator cuff, labrum.. etc?
    Was it surgically repaired?

I have been praying almost non stop Tom lol
    and it was a fractured growth plate which required no surgery

Thread Information