2/19 is looming.... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Update on my son's...

Alex made a phone call on Monday night! Yeah! The platoon is doing well and they were rewarded. He didn't even call collect. I didn't know it was him though, his voice was so hoarse. Eric couldn't call because he is sick in the bed with pneumonia :o( Not really sure what that means, or how long he will be there....but they finish Phase I at the end of next week! He needs to be better and get his butt on that bus! I know quite a few of them are ill, and I feel pretty good knowing that they will give him the meds he needs and look after him.

If you have the chance to cross your fingers and toes, they have Initial Drill on Saturday...I will let you know, as soon as I do, if they win.

Last Saturday, they saw the Silent Drill Team and the Marine Band. They loved it. Alex said it was an honor to stand there and watch, he also said that they looked awful drilling compared to them and at least he has something to look forward to doing better. :o)

Roll on May! It sure is hard being a Mom sometimes.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Good to hear. They still have a week of harsh times but it will build what they need to be Marines. Second and third phase was fun stuff.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My son graduated P.I. - Bravo Co in August (2007). Outside of his birth, it was my proudest day as a dad.
    Write often. Send pictures, comics, jokes, notes from the pets & anything to let them know you support them.
    There is nothing FINER than to see the transformation from a mere boy, to a man, & then a MARINE.

You said it all,SEMPER FI.

Hey everyone! Not been on here, went to California for a few days for a party, my Mother fell and broke stuff, so I have been taking care of her. I am hoping her to be out of her cast by graduation. I busted a move to get back home to get my mail, sleep in my own bed, and look after my dogs. :o) I was happy to see I had mail when I got home! Yeah! I am faithfully writing every single day, not missed one yet! :o) I am also sending pictures, jokes, loads of cards...funny and motivating at the same time as the letters. With every letter they tell me how important they are to them, and how it keeps them going.

My sons are officially Phase II Recruits! They moved on Saturday, and should be shooting today, which will make them VERY happy! The letters have been OK, still dealing with a bit of sickness, but they are fighting it, as to not get dropped. They are still looking out for each other and have made loads of friends...a whole Platoon...Yeah! The Platoon didn't win Initial Drill, which bummed them out, but my youngest wasn't allowed to do it. He was really peeved at that, after all the training. I don't know how they did with swim quals yet. I know my eldest, passed 4th and then 3rd...he needed 2nd for his MOS, but wanted to push for 1st. I am not quite sure what all that means though...I know they have to qualify for a level, and I am guessing each level adds something to challenge them. Any advice on that would be helpful, please. I am not sure how they finished, because we haven't heard from them since.

Thanks for all the support, I can't wait until May! My best to you and your son Gator...tell him thanks...and to all of you Marines out there....You are amazing and I thank you!

Oh, quick question for you all....When you graduated as Marines from your boot camps, what did you want as a graduation present??? I have seen all sorts of things, but after being called a Marine, I wouldn't imagine a new set of baking pans being very good and really a let down...I am joking by the way....I want to get them something meaningful that they can use later in life. This is a HUGE thing for them, and any help would be appreciated to get them something nice. They already have hotel rooms and girlfriends coming with and they will be very happy with that! :o)

WOW! How is everyone? I have missed you all soooooo much!

My Son's are doing the Gas Chamber today and then The Crucible. They sound amazing (got a call the other day), haven't written tons because they are so busy, but that is fine, they didn't go there to write letters. I have stopped writing now, I feel so guilty...lol lol I hadn't missed a day up to Saturday, but they said they would start sending them back now. I can't believe I get to see them soon! Yeah! I saw them in the Platoon video and they look gorgeous...hee hee I can't wait to see them.

You all are the best! Thanks for being there through all of this. My ride is almost over, yet just beginning...I am sure you all understand that. I am soooooo proud of both of them, I can't even put it in to words.

Credits
    Savings
    Now you need to go shopping:
    • Weighted Shoes - To keep your feet on the ground.
    • Kleenex (Sweat Rags) - Marines don't cry - Moms & Dads do
    • T-Shirts - Proud Mom, Don't Mess with Me I raised a Marine, etc.
    Job well done. You raised a Marine!!!

Thanks Gator347!

I am so very proud of both of them! Yeah! I just can't wait to see them! They are Marines this Thursday, as long as The Crucible goes well. I will be celebrating Thursday night in the boys honor. All of you are welcome to join me!

Credits
    Savings
    As a proud Dad of a US Marine, there is little that compares to the feeling you get on "Family Day". The first time you see them you will be in shock (All Good). There are no words. I don't think the Marines on here, who don't have Marine Kids, even understand the feelings you're having.

In any event, we thank the DI's for getting them through and we thank you for the parent you are.
    The Mom of not one but two United States Marines.

Credits
    Savings

These OD towels are reproductions of the Vietnam-era OD "sweat" towels that were commonly seen draped around the necks of soldiers during the Vietnam War to wipe away the sweat and grime.

Maybe you need something like this!!

Credits
    Savings
    congrats Marinemama you have just about made it!good for you ,i on the other hand have just started the ride.t-1 starts today.its all good.

you should be damnproud!

gator as always nothing but class!

keith

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just mailed my last letters to them yesterday. As I have not heard from them directly, I assume from what you say that they are doing fine. I hope that my letters in some small way helped motivate them along the way.

Semper F Mom

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    We were on pins and needles. My son had a rod in his femur (waiver) and hurt the same leg during Combat Training. He was in Medical and they didn't know if he would finish. They asked him if he wanted to continue or go home. He said that he was finishing.

He took his Final PT & got up for the Crucible the next morning. Thank God for his SDI, SSgt Tim Warren (Class Act), he made it.

He & the Family have never been the same since.

Congratulations times Two. You are so right this ride (boot camp) might be over but you have many more to come. They don't get any easier.
    Don't stress about Graduation the Marines do it right and know better than to leave any MOM behind. GO and ENJOY because your 10 days will be over before you know it.

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations to You and to the new US Marines!!

Thread Information