Need some quick help with a random project...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need some quick help with a random project...

Ok Marines, this is really random, but I need your help. For my Astronomy class I have to do a project about Astrology. Basically, I am going to list the 12 horoscopes for the day unlabeled and in a random order. All I need you to do is say which one best fits you today and then tell me what zodiac sign you are. They are all in random order, so just pick the number 1-12 that describes you and then tell me what your sign is. My project is to see if people pick the horoscope that actually matches their sign. This is supposed to prove if astrology is really accurate (which, we know it isn't, but just play along). Anyway, if anyone can help me, you can respond on this thread or PM me.
    Here's the horoscopes. Pick the number that describes you and then tell me your sign.

1.Sometimes what you don't do speaks louder than what you do -- this is one of those times. Look at the thing you're avoiding. It's telling. And you're feeling brave. Maybe brave enough to conquer that scary to-do item.

2.Often, you approach problems with a large dose of imagination, and today is no exception. If you can match your creativity with a healthy care to meet social expectations, you're golden.

3.Your idea of the good life might seem frivolous to someone else, just as that person's is difficult for you to relate to. The theme today is, "It takes all kinds." You appreciate the difference between you.

4.People are inclined to serve you, as embarrassing as that may be. Family offers you the very best they can. Knowing this is true, you're good and happy with it.

5. Breaking the limits and repositioning yourself has become somewhat of a hobby lately. You've overcome many roadblocks that would stymie a less ambitious person. You've earned your freedom, so use it!

6.When people say you are one step closer to realizing your dreams, you can't help but wonder, "How many steps are there?" It doesn't matter. You'll keep going until you get there.

7. You are enough. Settle down and believe it. Love sometimes requires that you fight, and it sometimes it requires that you fall. Today, you'll do neither. Be still and the softness comes.

8. Every event is an opportunity to make an impression. Let people see your more playful side. What you hope to achieve from an encounter should dictate how you prepare for it.

9.You belong. Your contributions matter, and you are vital in the lives of others. Knowing this, you can relax. So take a break. The more relaxed you are, the better you perform.

10. You're mastering the art of detachment. Separate what is truly happening to you from the emotional baggage that might come with it. Life gets easier with this perspective shift.

11. You're running a kind of marathon. Timed intervals of activity and breaks are essential. An enthusiastic cheer from your teammates, pulls you through the finish.

12. You're mixing with a talented group, and you fit right in. If you're inexperienced, you'll gain some. And if you're the experienced one, you'll teach the others. You are especially receptive.

#9 and I'm a Gemini. Hope to help a little. Good luck, sounds like a fun project, ha.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    #8 Libra

#5...Virgo...does this really work?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    #2 Taurus.

Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    #7 - Virgo

Credits
    Savings
    #1 - Gemini

Credits
    Savings
    #5 Libra

I forgot to ask, do we get to know how we did?

I just need to get one more answer. And then I'll tell you all how you did.

11 Aries

Alright Marines, thanks for all your quick help! I was able to get 12 answers altogether. That's what I wanted since there are 12 signs. According to probability, you have a 1 in 12 chance of just randomly guessing your correct horoscope. Guess how many of you chose the correct one? Just one of you. So, that means that picking out the correct horoscope is just about as likely to occur as if you would have just reached into a bag and picked one at random. Here's the correct answers for those who are interested.
    Big Jim is the only one who guessed correctly!
    1. Aries
    2. Leo
    3. Cancer
    4. Capricorn
    5. Virgo
    6. Gemini
    7. Aquarius
    8. Taurus
    9. Scorpio
    10. Pisces
    11. Libra
    12. Sagittarius

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    Alright Marines, thanks for all your quick help! I was able to get 12 answers altogether. That's what I wanted since there are 12 signs. According to probability, you have a 1 in 12 chance of just randomly guessing your correct horoscope. Guess how many of you chose the correct one? Just one of you. So, that means that picking out the correct horoscope is just about as likely to occur as if you would have just reached into a bag and picked one at random. Here's the correct answers for those who are interested.
    Big Jim is the only one who guessed correctly!
    1. Aries
    2. Leo
    3. Cancer
    4. Capricorn
    5. Virgo
    6. Gemini
    7. Aquarius
    8. Taurus
    9. Scorpio
    10. Pisces
    11. Libra
    12. Sagittarius
    Cool!! I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket now....LOL! Vickie..if I win...I'll split the millions with ya!

fortune cookies are more accurate.

Credits
    Savings
    Crud - The only thing I can say is that LCpl's always did suck up to Sgts.

I still think I was close.

Oh yeah, Sister, I still love you Baby!!!

Thread Information