Bars just off Base. - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Greystone Bar on Rt. 66 outside Main Gate, Barstow. Owned by Mike Cavanaugh in early 1960's.

Quote Originally Posted by cball View Post
    Can't remember the names but we spent a lot of time at the bars in Havelock and Slocum Village outside Cherry Pt.One I think was called The Main Gate.
    I used to hit Smoke's bar in Havelock and the Fleet Marine Club which I real like Plus the Bar tender was really tender wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    A mile out the back of El Toro was the Iron Mule. It was okay, but when they closed on the weekend everyone went to the Bonfire afterwards to keep up the party. A few Bros lost a bit o money shooting dice with the locals.

Albany, the Monkey Palace was a real dive bar with a thick layer of cigarette smoke that was like CS. One Bro was outside and got hit in the head with a half full bottle of Jack Daniels thrown at him from an unpatriotic citizen. He was happy cause it didn't break and he laid claim to it!

All in all the best parties were local groupies that invited us back to their place to party with them and their girlfriends. They presented quite a 'target rich environment'!
    Hey Wing your signiture pic. of obama makes him look like one of the people from M.I.B. so who you going to call hahahahaha

Credits
    Savings
    I went to Lejuene a few years ago to support the Wounded Warrior program and we went to a bar called "Swanick's?". That bar should be designated a Marine Coprs historical site. The amount of memorabilia inside is incredible, the SgtMaj (ret) that owns the bar was one awesome Marine. Collared shirts only allowed, but they had loaners at the door if you didn't have one on.

Command Post in Quantico -- I used to waitress/bartend there.

Then right after I got out, I was night manager. During the summer on OCS weekends, used to make $200 night in tips on weekends. Nothing beats a horny Marine on liberty!

Diegos right outside of Foster, gone now, but was a fun hole in the wall

Thunderbird and The Foxy Lady outside of lejeune

What was that bar on Gate 2 Street 88-90 with the band that played Sweet Child of Mine every hour or so every night?

We got rocked there a lot, including my second night on the island.

The Stage was too far away from anything other than Kinser to go there more than one a year. Anyone still have their "Naha Music" membership card?

Thread Information