Bars just off Base. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sin Alley in Phuket...Outstanding!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    And The Shack, just outside the rear gate of Kaneohe in Kailua.
    Oh if we mention Kailua you can't skip the 23rd step. Nickle beer night every Thursday and bn PT Friday morning LOL.

Hanging with the royals at the bull and the bear is indeed a challenge. All the guiness you can stand and when they are buying you just have to stay for one more round.

There was a bar in Kinville Okinawa. Forget the name, was pretty sh*tfaced when I got there. All I remember is a stripper doing a thing with a peeled banana, enough said. LOL

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Bob, we have the distinguished privilege of having a young CPL on this site with the screen name of "Covey Rider",AKA ,"Banana King" whom would have first hand knowledge about the name,show and the amazing things that one can do if on a banana diet!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by gardnerbob57103
    There was a bar in Kinville Okinawa. Forget the name, was pretty sh*tfaced when I got there. All I remember is a stripper doing a thing with a peeled banana, enough said. LOL
    That was one of those places that was on the must see list. LOL. Two times there was enough.

Well, since it's going in this direction,,,there once was this bar in Naha. Where the girls would pick up pescos with their,,eh you know. So one day we went to, but it all went down hill once "someone" decided to warm up the pescos with their zippo. Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    Oh if we mention Kailua you can't skip the 23rd step. Nickle beer night every Thursday and bn PT Friday morning LOL.

Hanging with the royals at the bull and the bear is indeed a challenge. All the guiness you can stand and when they are buying you just have to stay for one more round.
    I remember that place, and I also remember the punishment of having to run Bn PT the next day up and down KT. I purged my stomach and swore I'd never drink again on many times during those runs but we always went back the next week for the cheap beer. Kailua had many great spots like that if you bothered to look.

Hey Sgt. Quinn, speaking of guiness, did you ever serve or know of a Colonel Cobb in KBay? At the time, and for many years after it he held the Guinness World Book of Records for consecutive sit-ups, something like 44,000. He was hard.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhd97
    That was one of those places that was on the must see list. LOL. Two times there was enough.
    That night there were some Grunts taking bets on which one of them would eat the pieces.

Can't remember the bar in Olongapo but, there was this show using red, white and blue ping pong balls. I never viewed the female body the seem after that show. I am still in shock, LOL. Any of you old salts remember that ?

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    Well, since it's going in this direction,,,there once was this bar in Naha. Where the girls would pick up pescos with their,,eh you know. So one day we went to, but it all went down hill once "someone" decided to warm up the pescos with their zippo. Ouch
    Yep!! I remember that bar!! It was called "The Stage" and it was just off Kokosai Street in Naha! I tell you I can take you directly to that bar right now if we landed at Kadena today!! LOL!! You could also get up and participate in consensual sex right in front of anybody...after you pay 'bar fine'...of course!

Does anybody remember the Jack Daniels Bar in Olongopo near sh!t river on the edge of the Mariposa in the Philipines? I heard it was torn down before the bases closed. We used to drink tequila margaritas and Red Horse beer to no end up on the outside patio...even fell off once!! Aaahhh....good memories!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim
    Yep!! I remember that bar!! It was called "The Stage" and it was just off Kokosai Street in Naha! I tell you I can take you directly to that bar right now if we landed at Kadena today!! LOL!! You could also get up and participate in consensual sex right in front of anybody...after you pay 'bar fine'...of course! ...
    Oh man the stage show. LOL.
    There was a place called Apples ( ?? close to a skin head bar)out side gate 5 on Kadena. The jap woman, mostly students would buy us beer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Dan Akaroids Wife Donna Dixon-wowwwwww

JUST NORTH OF QUANTICO,ON HGY.1;WAS A BAR CALLED "HILLBILLY HEAVEN";OWNED @ OPERATED BY"DONNA DIXONS" PARENTS.SHE WOULD ALWAYS POP IN AND HIT DADDY UP FOR CASH.ONE NIGHT A MARINE WAS GETTING ROUSTED BY A FEW REDNECKS OUT IN THE PARKING LOT,HE REACHED IN THE BACK OF ONE OF THE PICKUP TRUCKS OUT THERE AND GRABBED AN AXE,AND BURIED IT THE AZZ-HOLES HEAD;KILLING HIM INSTANTLY.CHIT HAPPENS

Oh, yeah......The Driftwood, The Bayou, Tobey's, Tony's Brown Bagger etc.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Charlie Brown's Part II - outside the gate in Iwakuni. Bartender named Jimmy and his cohort - Tony - called me "Butterfly" and "Kimuson". Sucked down many a Taiwan Boogie in that little hole of a place. Everybody hung out at Charlie Brown's! The Poem was another place cause you could get a HUGE plate of steamed clams for about a couple hundred yen. And another place I can't remember the name - where you could get the BEST BLT sandwiches I have EVER had in my life!

Morrie's in Millington - just a laid back place to hang out and drink and The New Centurian in Memphis - was on top of some building, rotated, was glass from floor to ceiling and was a dance club! Shook many a tail feather there - (evil grin).

Was a place (not a bar) in Henoko City okinawa that you could get Yaka Soba made fresh while you watched. I often wondered if it was truly beef they used in it.

We would spend the evening drinking MoJo and go there right before they closed and chow down. I have yet to taste any recipie that compares.

Another thing I remember from the rock was across from the main gate at Camp Hanson there was a place that sold "chicken legs" for 2 dollars american. I put quotation marks around Chicken legs because they were awfully big for chickens. Always wondered because of the absence of dogs .................. was still good chow when you are hungry after a night of sucking down the local watered down hooch. LOL

Thread Information