Bars just off Base.
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bars just off Base.

Hey lets hear about some of the memorable bars, and locations, and what they had that was entertaining. Lets try to keep it somewhat clean LOL.

Goodies in San Clemente was ok on particular nights. Only if you were after some Cougars and didnt want to drive down to PB , SD or LA.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Goodies in San Clemente was ok on particular nights. Only if you were after some Cougars and didnt want to drive down to PB , SD or LA.
    I remember "Frenchies" just up the road from the main gate at Camp Lejeune. He had the ceiling covered in caps that people didn't take off when they entered. If you hadn't removed your cover before he rang a bell you lost it.

In Oki, just outside of Camp Schwab, there was a bar in Henoko city called Club Lucky. Man the stories I could tell about that joint.

Credits
    Savings
    The Driftwood right outside the main gate at Camp Lejeune. Don't have to tell the entertainment there. Outside the main gate at Camp Foster in Kitami there was Whiskey River. Run by a retired Master SGT. The Harley bar just up the road close to Lester was pretty cool. All sorts of good bars outside Kadena, where we weren't supposed to be.

Although I've never been there...ahem...I expect there will be some "Driftwood" posts here as it is the first "bar" just outside of the main gate to Camp Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhd97
    The Driftwood right outside the main gate at Camp Lejeune. Don't have to tell the entertainment there. Outside the main gate at Camp Foster in Kitami there was Whiskey River. Run by a retired Master SGT. The Harley bar just up the road close to Lester was pretty cool. All sorts of good bars outside Kadena, where we weren't supposed to be.
    In 75-76 Nago City Okinawa was off limits to Marines. As you can guess we took the risk of being caught and went there.

Never partied so hard in all my 4 years! The Mama-sons, and the Ney-sons took really good care of us.

The Bar closed at 1am so they locked the doors and we continued our paty till 4 am. They had a secret door in the back of the bar about 3 feet square that led to the alley.

We barely avoided the J.P.s and snagged a cab back to base. Was a once in a life time experience. One of the best.

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There was maybe still is a bar in Quantico that used to serve flaming Dr Peppers. Sorry my fault. I caught the table on fire. Also remember Casey's next to a country bar at Lejeune.

The Wagon Wheel in San Clemente. Only bar in the states I can remember encouraging stripping on the bar and posting pics of worthy hot bodies on a bulletin board.

72-73 kadena rendevous bar i dont ever remember leaving

Jo Lo's, Olongapo City P.I. Large stacks of coin peso's where the preffered tip.

GoDown and the Bull and Bear, Hong Kong. Where you could drink all night with Royal Marines, or could you?

--->Dave

Credits
    Savings
    We used to take flight on the weekends and go to Wilmington to the Palmetto ( think that was the name) or Greenville to the Two Step, where I met the old lady.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Tail Of The Bull just outside the main gate at MCAS El Toro. A retired Marine named Lyle was the owner, cook, bar tender and bouncer. Payday tabs were the plan of the day. Also the Club Happy Happy in Bangclap Thailand was great.

Jim

Does the love shack on green beach in the Philippines count?

And The Shack, just outside the rear gate of Kaneohe in Kailua.

Rock America in Kinville

Thread Information