0321 Tryout at SOI
Create Post

0321 Tryout at SOI

Hey Marines, I know your sick of recon questions but this one is different.

I have a reserve 0321 contract that I signed a few months ago because I thought reserves was what I wanted. Now all I want is active duty but I hesitate to drop my recon contract because there are no Active 0321 contracts left.

Is it true that if I take an active duty 03xx contract, I can still volunteer at SOI for the recon indoc, even without the active 0321 contract? And, if you can tryout anyway, what's the point of the 0321 contract?

My friend said a few guys from his SOI volunteered for the indoc at BRC and they got to go (several dropped out).

My fear is that if I take this 03xx contract I will not be given a shot at the recon indoc like the guys with the 0321 UZ contract (since so many of those contracts were given out, they won't ask for volunteers maybe?)

Thank you very much to any Marine who answers this honest question, and if you plan on flaming me because it's a recon question then please hold yourself back from posting. I want this because my life revolves around swimming and I want to be given that chance in the Marines, as active duty instead of reserves.

~fish

Quote Originally Posted by Call me fish
    Hey Marines, I know your sick of recon questions but this one is different.

I have a reserve 0321 contract that I signed a few months ago because I thought reserves was what I wanted. Now all I want is active duty but I hesitate to drop my recon contract because there are no Active 0321 contracts left.

Is it true that if I take an active duty 03xx contract, I can still volunteer at SOI for the recon indoc, even without the active 0321 contract? And, if you can tryout anyway, what's the point of the 0321 contract?

My friend said a few guys from his SOI volunteered for the indoc at BRC and they got to go (several dropped out).

My fear is that if I take this 03xx contract I will not be given a shot at the recon indoc like the guys with the 0321 UZ contract (since so many of those contracts were given out, they won't ask for volunteers maybe?)

Thank you very much to any Marine who answers this honest question, and if you plan on flaming me because it's a recon question then please hold yourself back from posting. I want this because my life revolves around swimming and I want to be given that chance in the Marines, as active duty instead of reserves.

~fish
    If you qualify to take the recon indoc at SOI (i.e. you have the requisite GT score, swim qual, etc.), then you will be forced to take it. Period.

The UZ contract is a joke, it's nothing more than a recruiting gimmick to give gullible little poolees with stars in their eyes the urge to sign a contract right away. It's meaningless and does not benefit you, it simply benefits the Corps because there's all these poolees with ricky rambo wet dreams thinking they're going to be recon now when in reality they're just going to be 0311's.

This response has given me much hope as now I don't have to worry about having a stupid contract when I can tryout anyway. Thank you Accord.

~fish

I went in to soi as 03xx and I know that soi east there is no longer a recon try out, you have to be contract or wait till ur a cpl with some salt and try out in the fleet. As far as there being no 0321 contracts left wait a few weeks or a month I guarentee some will become available, and remember when signing your **** that if it aint on paper you aint getting it, I seen a lot of guys in my old platoon thinking they were going in as grunts or getting contract pfc or whatever and finding out after 3 and a half months of pi that wasnt the case.

Thread Information