USMC Hazing - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USMC Hazing

Oh hell, there's always a little welcome to the unit right of passage and yeah, pinning on rank and especially when I got my bloodstripe...that was motivating. LOL. You may get a little more attention if you are bringing your unit down but that is all in an effort to motivate you to become the Marine you should be. But, as actually hazing someone is illegal, that never freakin' happens. SAY IT!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It never happens

Those lousy few

It's always those lousy few that ruin it for the many.

The fact is that there is great fun and tradition in many of the "rituals" that we have in the Corps and military. My Ax-qual and blood-striping are some of my fondest memories.

However, it's those damn few guys who are sadistic that call for these new policies. Some people just want to hurt others when they are in a position of power or dominance (sometimes, these are the vengeful f'ers that were the most recently hazed). That's just another fact of life. These people often are the ones who take our traditions too far. When things move from "right of passage" to torture, people get hurt for no righteous reason at all. So, to protect us from the "few" we have to restrict the many.

I understand and would support anyone trying to pass on the traditions as pinning stripes, wings, and bloodstripes among other rites. However, I would also say to them to take their punishment as deserved if they were ever caught and prosecuted for it.

Lastly, I just want to say that making your crew dig a fighting hole for an M198 Howitzer AND it's truck is not hazing. It's just good tactical planning.

Closed since the question has been answered

Thread Information