Recruit Training knowledge
Create Post

Recruit Training knowledge

I know that it is good to know the general orders before shipping to Recruit Training, are there any other things you should learn (such as the basic drill movements)?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydimes85
    I know that it is good to know the general orders before shipping to Recruit Training, are there any other things you should learn (such as the basic drill movements)?
    There are tons of information on this site, Poolee Hall, that will help you in your recruit training. Browse the forums and read some of the posts and see if you can get some of your questions answered there. Also we have a Poolee Chat on Thursday evening from 2030 to 2230 (EST), and on Sunday from 1900 until whenever (EST) as well, in the poolee hall chatroom area of the Chat rooms! Those are made up of Poolee/wannabees that ask Marines anything they want to know.

Welcome to the site, I hope you read the rules, post any question you like either in the "Ask a Marine" or "poolee Hall" forums. Some one will answer you as soon as possible, ok?

Dave

Thank you, I will definitely check out that other forum.

crazydime.
    Does your recruiter still give out an information booklet.

First things you are going to get immersed in are:

General Orders

Rank Structure --Marines, Navy, Army, USAF.

Marine Corps History

Beyond that, I would be cautious. Learning drill poorly can be bad. There are experts at MCRD that will teach you all you need (and then some) and they are the experts. Going technical is kind of like teaching yourself Karate from a book. It may be Karate...but it isn't.

Best of luck and follow Cpl Blaylocks advice!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydimes85
    Couple of clicks on the search fucntion revealed this link -
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...edge+questions

Thread Information