Which Movie? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Movie?

Go to Amazon, Type in "THE DI" you will find 11 new and used from $30.00

I dont have a VCR anymore lol. I gotta go buy one now. Do they sell them anymore ?

send 30 dollars to that poolee in Crescent City who "cant' find a job and is running in jesus sandals

It looked like they said VHS...I'm gonna go check again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    It looked like they said VHS...I'm gonna go check again lol.
    My apologies Brandon1, I should have checked before I posted.

I double checked, they only have VHS at this time. Check back later. I got my DVD there.

Also, if you want the VHS, you can get it for under $20 at half.com

Good luck.

I'm gonna have to go check it out. Thank you much

"The DI" has been around since either the late 50's or early 60's. Actual Marines were used in the movie and I believe Jack Webb afterwards presented each with a watch engraved, "From the DI". It was a good movie back then, course, we weren't used to much.

I cant remember when SGTMAJ said it was made...I wanna say 57 or 56

1957, and it is still good stuff today!

I rented Jarhead and Heartbreak Ridge this weekend. Both movies were pretty good, even if Heartbreak Ridge did have alot of really bad parts. When I say bad I mean 'there's no way this could ever be true' aspects concerning the Corps.

But I mean, hey, they were both entertaining. That's all that matters in the end, right?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    For entertainment,,,, gimmie John Wayne. If In the Navy, Sea Bees, or whatever, He's a Marine to me.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I found The DI on DVD.
    http://www.animefirst.com/di-the-195...D=102543986522

I just don't know how trustworthy that site is.

I have Ears Open. Eyeballs Click. I don't like it. I think it was a waste of money.

I also have the documentary about Lime Company, that I do like.

You don't like Ears, open. Eyeballs, click? I just saw the trailor and it looks pretty good, i've been looking around to buy it. No place has it, I take it you have to order it online?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I ordered it from the creator. http://www.canaanbrumley.com/

The music they played in it was really depressing at times. The camera man seemed to have gotten bored a few times while taping. I.E He is recorded a motivational run and gets side tracked by a flock of birds and records them.

They also spent about 30min showing the recruits clean their barracks, with that depressing beat. I know they were trying to show more of the behind the scenes but it just didnt work, in my opinion.

The swims quals on this film were horrible. They show a guy get baptized (no big deal), then showed a kid panic and "almost drown". They showed NO succesful swim qual. Afterwards they showed his DI make fun of him and push him out of attention.

I think this film was made as an anti recruiting tool personally.

Cruicible.
    They show the a hike and the pitching of some tents. They show a kid fall and get injured. And they show a recruit who claimed he was dehydrated, and his DI yell at him that if he doesn't get out of his sight He will murder him. I know we hear this stuff at MCRD, but the fact that this film showed all the "negatives" further proved to me that it was an anti recruiting tool.

The graduation they only spend literally about 45seconds. And the angle showed mostly their legs. I think they showed 1 guy get his EGA, that is it.

*I kept editing this as I remembered stuff so it may seem out of order.*

Thread Information