Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You would rate a 4th award bar.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    How many points do you need to score Expert? What's the process like?

You need a combined score of table 1 and 2 of 305+ to qualify as expert. Table 1 is a maximum of 250 points while table 2 is 100. Here's an example, say you shoot a 225 on table 1, and table 2 you shot a 80, 225+80=305, you now qualify as an expert. They recently changed the rifle qualifying I think in October of 2008, because I shot a 225 on table 1 in September, and in October they made table 2 count, so we did that, and I shot a 72 or so due to my weapon jammed with 5 rounds left in the magazine and the couches didn't see me do immediate action. Oh well, I'll requal this year as expert.

Credits
    Savings
    Oh alrighty then. Because I wanna make it into Force Recon. Although I'm only 13, I'm extremely concerned as to whether I'll make it or not. I read you needed to get a certain score w/ the the M16 (even though you'll later be stuck w/ an M4). But still investigating some stuff. Taking practice ASVAB tests etc. Thanks. Too many changes in the Corps. Like no more tattoos lol.

You sure your 13? Lol, don't act like one. You have a long way ahead of you, good thing you will probably start early and by the time you get there, you will be more then ready. Don't focus on shooting, at all, pay attention to the marksmanship instructors while at bootcamp though. If you learn yourself, you will create hard to fix habits. Just start PTing right now, I'd advise using crossfit.com, since that is what the Marine Corps is soon going to change into. It's a PT system that works on your level. You have 5 years left to train yourself physically, even though a 300 PFT isn't all too hard to get, just takes commitment.

The Marines aren't getting tattoos banned, just making it harder to get one and where you want it, like no sleeve tattoos, Sgt Maj Kent is trying to make your career after the Corps more successful since jobs are hirings less and less people with displayable tattoos and such.

Credits
    Savings
    I actually do PT right now. I wrote down my goal on a piece of paper. I wrote down 3 mile run in 20:20 which is 86 points, 20 pullups which is 100 points and 80 sit ups which is also 100 points adding up to a PFT of 286, one point over the minimum for enlisted officers lol. 80 sit ups is nothing. But my record for the 3 mile run was like 17 minutes and I don't know how many seconds. And 20 pullups dead hang isn't much either.

We're getting off topic now so I'll PM you.

MCO 3574.2K is most current , but 3574.2J is coming soon due to the Combat Pistol Program (CPP). In regards to your question and reference you listed it should stay the same. The easiest way is to go off what's in MCTFS or MOL. They do not make 1st award expert bars as the actual badge is the first award. If MOL says you shot expert 3 times, then you would be wearing an expert badge with a 3rd award bar attached. Your unit will not issue you the bar either. Don't worry about the course of fire, if you shot expert, you shot expert. Again go off what MCTFS/MOL says.

Thread Information