Create Post

Vmcj-3 - 1970-1974

Looking for:
    Dan Gibson
    Jack Greer
    Smitty
    Boone

Or any members of VMCJ 3 during 70, 71, 72, 73 or 74
    at El Toro with deployments to Whidby, Fallon, Yuma, etc.

j-3 in el toro

I was in the electric shop from sept 72 thru feb 74. We had some crazy times back then. I was in socal in 2204 and it's changed considerably.

hi im john young. was in comnav shop in 70 & 71. two deployments to yuma. Is the
    smitty u r lokking for paul b smith from des plaines, ill. e-mail is johnry@live.com.
    phantom phyxers forever

Johnry... and you lived off base in a cardboard box in a garage, busted out laughing when I came across your name, ever hear from Dave R. or Paul S.?
    Good to here you are still around, will try to contact you

Arrived in VMCJ-3 radar shop just in time for a Yuma deployment before transferring with the avionics vans to H&MS - 2/71-10/72. Did one more deployment to Yuma and one to Fallon with J-3 before heading to Beaufort and the first Harrier squadron preparing for WestPac.

Attachment 28846

Also bartended at the E-club. Anyone remember the big riot there in '72? I'd really like to hear from anyone who was there for that.

Names that come to mind are mostly from the AVI complex at H&MS: Robby Robinson, Dean Buringrud, Jopperi, Ashcraft, Wayne Comfort, Bob Bynum, Paul Spatz

As for me: now a Hypnotherapist in Los Angeles with a few acting credits. Welcome contacts from all Marines and especially those I served with.

I'm working on a commemorative coin for the F-4 Phantom. Did VMCJ-3 have a nickname? I need it to include on the back of the coin. Please e-mail me at interceptor1750@comcast.net. Thanks!

Thread Information