Joining the USMC DEP program soon, I have some questions!
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Joining the USMC DEP program soon, I have some questions!

Hey everyone. I plan on joining the Marine Corps soon under the 03XX Infantry field and I have some questions.
    • I hear you can join the USMC Reserves and get a guaranteed job. Do some people join the Marine Corps Reserves to get their guaranteed job and then put in for a transfer for Full Active duty? Hoq long would the transfer take? It sounds kind of like cheating the system .
    • I plan on joining the 03XX Infantry field, so after some experience for a few years in that field, how do I go about putting in a packet for the 0321 MOS? My ultimate goal is to at least try out for the 0321 MOS. My ASVAB GT score is 102 and the requirements for the 0321 MOS is 105 I think. Would I have to retake the ASVAB while im already in the Marine Corps or get a waiver?
    • If you join the Marine Corps Reserves, where exactly do you live after Boot Camp and SOI? Is it on a base in the state you signed up in or what? Im not very clear on that.
    • I have just been discharged from the Navy DEP program at my request for various reasons, and I wanted to know if I have to do the duck walk and the whole MEPS physical all over again to get into the Marine Corps DEP pool. I just did the physical last October.
    • When you are at your duty station where you will be living when not on deployment (Okinawa etc etc.), can you get all of your belongings (Clothes, Computer, Furniture etc.) shipped to you? Im not too clear on this.
    • When do you take the IST? Do you take it before shipping to boot camp with your recruiter?
    • Does the abdominal portion of the IST and PFT consist of crunches or sit-ups? I hear it's sit-ups and crunches but I want to be certain.
    • If you get the 0321 Recon contract (I apologize if I got it wrong), and fail the Indoc, what happens to you? Where are you placed?
    • How fast can you gain rank in the 03XX Infantry field?
    Wow, thats a lot of questions. If someone can answer some or all of those questions, I would be much obliged. Im talking to a recruiter this coming week to get into the DEP pool.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wow,,,,, Too much readin,,,,,,,,,,,Lighten up.

Credits
    Savings
    But I need info...

Credits
    Savings
    Oh and sorry if my long post insults anyone.

I doesn't insult anyone. You can take parts of each question and put them in the search box for access to the multitude of threads that most of your questions have already been answered in.

You can also google you way to places like about . com and get answers there to.

Credits
    Savings
    I will do that NoRemorse. Thanks for the info.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by falsetti22 View Post
    But I need info...
    So go ask a Recruiter. Sparkie let you off easy.

I can however, partially answer one of your questions -
    • If you get the 0321 Recon contract (I apologize if I got it wrong), and fail the Indoc, what happens to you? Where are you placed?
    First, you get a broomstick!!

Credits
    Savings
    Ouch! I'll go get some info from a recruiter then. Thats what I should have done in the first place. Sorry to have wasted your time.

I was told that broomstick was only to be used on Thursdays... I wouldn't know, I was only handed a wet towel.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You got questions, you didn't waste anyones time,,,,,,,However, believe it or not,,,,, We don't have all the answers,,,,,,,,, However we help when we can and have your support,,, so, Don't take it wrong.
    Big Al,,, Looks like you got the rear tonite,,,,,Thanks.

Thread Information