Letters to Recruits - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    this is an old topic I wonder if he still writing letters

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    This is greatly appreciated. I will be sure to remember this when I ship in October.

Well hell, I'm not going to be writing to my family, I hate those bastards, only other people I can think of are my long distant far removed cousin (and math teacher) Mr. Coley and my recruiters. I'll think about taking you up on your offer though, since the drill instructors might give me crap bout not writing letters, never know what they'll do...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cpl Blaylock passed away a few months. I cannot bring myself to close this thread due to my respect and love for my brother. Every Marine on this site knows the importance of mail call and especially in Recruit Training. I believe that most Marines would be more than happy to provide moto mail to you, all you have to do is ask. So post a thread or meet Marines in the chatroom and exchange address's. One of the saddest things I have seen is new Marines graduating without any family or friends to share their pride and accomplishment with. PM me if you would like to be pen pals.

Jim

Ever sense I joined this site I wanted to be one of those lucky recruits to receive letters of Cpl Dave, even though he has passed away, I know he looks down on every recruit, and the thought of that, is enough motovation for me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    FTW,,,,,, I knew him well,,,,,, You know I'll write,,,,,,, I miss him too. We did the summer of '69 together. Good of you to ask.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Ever sense I joined this site I wanted to be one of those lucky recruits to receive letters of Cpl Dave, even though he has passed away, I know he looks down on every recruit, and the thought of that, is enough motovation for me.

I've gotton and sent 2 letters now with FTW, who is still in boot. I do encourage any of you wanna-bes to get to know some of us, and maybe get a letter or 2. I have definately enjoyed his. Hoping for another soon.

Any Marines out there interested, join in. I know we will never be a Cpl. Dave, but a little is better than none.

Ooh-Rah!

Thank you for the Support and motivation!

Everyone can also write to me until i ship out. I love writing and will help to keep you motivated send me a message if you want my address.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmiston4 View Post
    Everyone can also write to me until i ship out. I love writing and will help to keep you motivated send me a message if you want my address.

I'm upset to know that I will never get the chance to be on Cpl Blaylock's mailing list. Reading motavational stories from Marines here keeps me PTing every day, and I'm sure I will keep turning to this forum for insperation, all the way to August when I ship. Once I have earned my title, I'll be sure to come back and help other poolees where I can because I know first hand how much it helps.

So to all you Marines who have made an effort to keep poolees such as myself going, thank you. I'm sure I will be asking one or more of you to send me mail in RT, and what you all do really does make a difference.

Cannot wait to earn my title.

-Poolee Workman

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwork703 View Post
    I'm upset to know that I will never get the chance to be on Cpl Blaylock's mailing list. Reading motavational stories from Marines here keeps me PTing every day, and I'm sure I will keep turning to this forum for insperation, all the way to August when I ship. Once I have earned my title, I'll be sure to come back and help other poolees where I can because I know first hand how much it helps.

So to all you Marines who have made an effort to keep poolees such as myself going, thank you. I'm sure I will be asking one or more of you to send me mail in RT, and what you all do really does make a difference.

Cannot wait to earn my title.

-Poolee Workman
    PM If you want my Addy for boot. Like I've told others,,,, you write,,,I write.

This is truly a great thing you're doing, Marines. The tight-knit family atmosphere of the Marine Corps is just one more thing that cements my loyalty. I will be giving my address when I ship, hopefully in two months. Still having trouble with my run time, but hope I'll be outta here on time.

God Bless him. I will post my address before I go to Parris Island in July. Thank you future brothers and sisters. I don't really have anyone to write to.

Oh wow
    This was inspirational.
    I was getting excited about having such a wonderful Marine write me while in boot.
    You could tell that he was a great man even if you didn't get the honor to know him.
    It was devastating when I got to the post about his passing.

I plan on taking full advantage of this pen pal system when I go to boot.
    Thank you Marines.

God Bless you Cpl Blaylock

Thread Information