Letters to Recruits
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Letters to Recruits

I would like to make this a sticky so that all new pooles can see that there is a route for them to get motivating mail while in Boot camp. I write one letter each week to every recruit on my data base. I filed away my records last month for 2007 and found that I had written over 396 letters to recruits on both Depots. I only require that you PM me before you leave and get my address so you can write me one post card or letter with your boot address on it. I will add that to my data base and you will get one letter every week for 9 weeks, that will get you up to graduation week. Of course if you should get set back for some reason, I will continue to write until your graduation week with your new platoon.

If you have bunk mate that is not getting much mail, or he wants more, then forward his name and platoon number to me and he/she will be added as well.

I understand that you are Recruits and don't have much time to write, so I recommend that you take that time to write your family and loved ones, but if you chose you write to me, that is great as I enjoy reading mail to. If you ask me to I will post whatever information you want to pass along to the poolees on this site as well.

Again, I do this because I have time on my hands, I am a cancer patient, plus I enjoy helping you guys out any way I can. I expect no thanks form you just the chance to help you, that's all!

Semper Fi Poolees,,,,,and Mods please make this a sticky, will ya please?

Dave

ooh rah motivator!!

i'll help make it a sticky by posting

if you want me to write also i'll do what i can, just keep in mind they'll be coming from Japan and you might not get anything till like the week you graduate lol

feel free to add me on myspace or pm me on here with any questions you have about anything.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Its good to see you on board LCpl Parker I have missed you and Gutterrez and Im glad to see you both have done well. I already made this thread a stickie.

OORAH!!!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    I would like to make this a sticky so that all new pooles can see that there is a route for them to get motivating mail while in Boot camp. I write one letter each week to every recruit on my data base. I filed away my records last month for 2007 and found that I had written over 396 letters to recruits on both Depots. I only require that you PM me before you leave and get my address so you can write me one post card or letter with your boot address on it. I will add that to my data base and you will get one letter every week for 9 weeks, that will get you up to graduation week. Of course if you should get set back for some reason, I will continue to write until your graduation week with your new platoon.

If you have bunk mate that is not getting much mail, or he wants more, then forward his name and platoon number to me and he/she will be added as well.

I understand that you are Recruits and don't have much time to write, so I recommend that you take that time to write your family and loved ones, but if you chose you write to me, that is great as I enjoy reading mail to. If you ask me to I will post whatever information you want to pass along to the poolees on this site as well.

Again, I do this because I have time on my hands, I am a cancer patient, plus I enjoy helping you guys out any way I can. I expect no thanks form you just the chance to help you, that's all!

Dave
    cancer survivor here Dave. keep fighting, and yes you have a hell of alot of time. Sometimes you're looking for an excuse to get up and walk. Been there and it sucks. You have any ?'s about treatment just PM me. I'll answer them to the best of my ability. I know I'm younger than you but I"ll do my best on helping you beat this. You can, cause I did.

I would recommend you take this opportunity poolees. This is one of the greatest things I possibly did and it was a welcome thing to not only get mail, but from someone of the caliber of Cpl. Blaylock. It is amazing the things he has done for a lot of us and he has been a true mentor and friend to me. This man puts 100% time and effort into helping all of us and I guarantee you will appreciate his insight, quips, news, and motivation that he sends you. It was by far my FAVORITE mail to receive at boot. I can not express how much Dave and his friendship have meant to me over nearly the past year now. I hope only the best for him and for you. He's 100% here to pass on the legacy of the Marine Corps to all those who wish to join the ranks, even after you have done so.

Thanks again Dave for everything and Semper Fi big brother. Your efforts do not go unnoticed and unappreciated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Gosh (turning red) my pups never stop making me proud! Thanks Woody for those kind words, But like I said, I am only doing what i can to help the recruits, my future brothers and sisters!

Cpl Blaylock is awesome and serves as a motivator to all.

Thanks from the other side of things for all the hard work you do brother. You are truly contributing to ensure the next 232 years of tradition continues.

Unfortunately, I have no award to offer other than a brotherly toast

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cpl Blaylock is awesome and serves as a motivator to all.

Thanks from the other side of things for all the hard work you do brother. You are truly contributing to ensure the next 232 years of tradition continues.

Unfortunately, I have no award to offer other than a brotherly toast
    I concur with LeonardLawrence all the way!

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Ghetto BECAUsE OF WHAT MY mp/RECRUITER did for me

mE ASKED ME QUESTIONS i never ASKED Myself
    iN my entire lifetime I do my time in a whole other county because county...county county...IT IS WELL WORTH THE TIME I INVEST IN SUSSEX COUNTY. It really is. No lying. I would do anything for my recruiters...SERIOUSLY. If you have no respect for them then why respresent them? Nothing better than serving your country, for real, YO!

and now i am confused..

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    I would recommend you take this opportunity poolees. This is one of the greatest things I possibly did and it was a welcome thing to not only get mail, but from someone of the caliber of Cpl. Blaylock. It is amazing the things he has done for a lot of us and he has been a true mentor and friend to me. This man puts 100% time and effort into helping all of us and I guarantee you will appreciate his insight, quips, news, and motivation that he sends you. It was by far my FAVORITE mail to receive at boot. I can not express how much Dave and his friendship have meant to me over nearly the past year now. I hope only the best for him and for you. He's 100% here to pass on the legacy of the Marine Corps to all those who wish to join the ranks, even after you have done so.

Thanks again Dave for everything and Semper Fi big brother. Your efforts do not go unnoticed and unappreciated.
    I second this. I got letters from Dave, Kim, LL, JC, SSgt. PB, Justin and many other. I got more letters from them, than my family. It's a very good thing to have Marines write you and support you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSteady85
    Ghetto BECAUsE OF WHAT MY mp/RECRUITER did for me

mE ASKED ME QUESTIONS i never ASKED Myself
    iN my entire lifetime I do my time in a whole other county because county...county county...IT IS WELL WORTH THE TIME I INVEST IN SUSSEX COUNTY. It really is. No lying. I would do anything for my recruiters...SERIOUSLY. If you have no respect for them then why respresent them? Nothing better than serving your country, for real, YO!
    WTF? No more for you tonight girl! Somebody take her keys!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay

Dave

Thread Information