How hard is it to retroactive my promotion?
Create Post

How hard is it to retroactive my promotion?

So finally after 3 months of trying to turn in my college transcripts our s1 finally got my college credits posted to my MOL, and gave me my college points. Now with bonus points that I have received, I have enough points to pick up Sgt. I am trying to reenlist however, they won't let me resign my paperwork until I pick up sgt, since I have over 7 years in, and would need a waiver to resign, so easiest thing was wait till I picked up. Now that I have the points, will I need to wait till next quarter to pick up, or can I talk to my chain of command, let them know of my situation and see if I can get my promotion now so I can resign?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    A remedial promotion is possible. Your S1 Chief will have to manually recompute your composite score. Everything starts with him/her, if he/she doesn't feel like doing it you are SOL. You will also have to go to your S3 and get some sort of official documentation proving when you actually turned in your transcripts. If it was after the training cut off date for your current score you again are SOL. If it is before then you have a case. Your S1 chief will have to take your manually computed composite score and fill out some other paperwork to pass up the chain of command all the way to the Group/Division level, it then has to come all the way back down. By the time this all happens you would have probably already picked up anyway.

I went through this process last year because of a rifle range score that got zero'd out. We started the process but basically by the time I would've gotten word about whether or not it was approved I would pick up anyway.

I hope this makes sense.

Actually, A remedial promotion has to travel all the way to HQMC, but the process is not as complicated as people make it out to be. Yes the Admin Chief or even the Promotions Clerk at your IPAC would have to do a manual recompute of your score, but once it's complete, the administrator routes the package directly to HQMC to the Promotions Branch (MMPR). There is only one civilian woman in the WHOLE Marine Corps that handles NCO remedial promotions and for he life of me I can't remember her name right now, but she usually takes about 2 to 3 weeks to complete the process and then BOOM!!! she automatically updates your rank on 3270 which is the program that MOL feeds off of. Everything else josephd said about training cut off etc. is correct.

Thread Information