Things you still do from boot camp - Page 9
Create Post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    I swear, I can't stand how slow civilians walk! I get stuck walking behind groups of them around campus, and sometimes I get so frustrated that I slip and say "Step it the **** out". I mean, I'm 5 feet tall. There's no reason why I should be walking on the heels of 6 foot tall guys. Damn civilians need to walk with some pride.

Holy chit, I didn't even think about that one! That drives me freakin' crazy! The sad part is that it doesn't get any better as you are older. Make a hole, make a freakin' hole! LOL

Ok I have a good one (it never ends lol). This one is something that I do from Leatherneck though, not boot camp...
    My one class has all of our homework and assignments, due dates, and syllabus all on a website that the teacher runs. We get all our homework and other information off of it. Well, yesterday this one student raises her hand and goes "Where on the site is the assignment posted?" Then another kid asks "Where are all the math formulas posted?" And I literally said out loud to the person next to me "God dammit people need to learn to search for things before asking questions!"

I immediately thought of all you Marines and our anger at poolees/wannabes for not using the search function before asking how to go Recon or what to bring to boot camp!

*Belly Laughing*

PG422- that is awesome! I went back to school myself a couple of years ago after I EAS'd and I was killing people by still using Navy Speak. I had one guy in one of my classes though who was a Squid. Him I would go on jags of mil-speak much to the confusion of the youngins around us. Not only that, but I still can't walk a flight of stairs, unless I'm with someone. If I'm alone, I have to bound up them. Can't help it, got to get there ASAP!

Credits
    Savings
    "Hi... My name is Scott and I am a Marine..."
    Okay, that out of the way (I feel like this is therapy). After reflection and reading this post, I have to admit that:

I have a can of brasso and neverdull/duraglit in my garage.
    If you not 15 mins early, you're 15 mins late
    Hanging shirts and trouser face the hatch
    Step off with my left, fall into step with other former Marines
    In my group of friends, there's always the senior, ranking Marine
    Laces are left over right
    Shovel my food down like there's never going to be anymore
    Use a lot of naval and military terms in my daily speech
    Sh*t, shower, and shave in 10 mins
    Flip flops in the shower at work (I work at a remote site so I live here here on a 2X2 week basis and it's just like living in the squad bay or barracks)
    When I deliver safety meetings in the field, I sometimes tell the guys to "take a knee" so I can look down at them a maintain a position of authority.
    Drives my wife nuts because I taught the kids to make their beds with hospital corners.
    Slip into calling my Dad Sergeant Major when we are around a lot of former military. (This I still question but then again, not everyone gets to be the SGM).
    Still respond to the boss with a "Roger that Sir"

Well, I could go on for hours but have to put the fire to a few knuckleheads...

never late for anything, still have my hair/sideburns neat and trim,
    but the one thing i still do without fail is getting dressed in front of
    a mirror and lining up the shirt front seam with the pants zipper seam
    and then also the belt and when my wife sees me doing this she always
    says:"doing the Marine thing dear" and i graduated from P.I. in 1961!

I still match up my gig line from shirt collar down to belt buckle and fly. That might be more of a thing from my 5 yrs in. Like the rest of you I always step off with the left foot and try to keep my black shoes polished. I definately do NOT get up early anymore if I can help it! And I do a lot of workouts but never push ups anymore, I spent too much time on DI Sgt. Lawson's quarterdeck in the summer of 96.

Quote Originally Posted by pheartnov2904
    I have been 15 minutes early to everything since I stepped off of the yellow footprints.

YUUUUUUUUUUUT
    Is that where I got that from?

Another thing I noticed today. I can not stand when people drag their feet! It used to never bother me, but I just find myself wanting to scream "Pick up your feet when you walk!" I feel like those people are so ****ing lazy.

Still Wear My Cover Squarely On The Grape, Outside Of Course.
    Position Of Attention To The Colors, Marines Hymn, Etc. Left Over Right Laces On The Boots/shoes. The Lingo Is Still There As Well....at Ease, Locked On Etc. My Grandfather Still Does These Things At 80 Years Of Age.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    Another thing I noticed today. I can not stand when people drag their feet! It used to never bother me, but I just find myself wanting to scream "Pick up your feet when you walk!" I feel like those people are so ****ing lazy.
    Related to, "Get your eyeballs off the deck!" Folks walking around only looking at their feet.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    THAT'S CALLED LOW SELF-ESTEEM

Still spit shine leather dress shoes, re-iron creases on shirts and trousers when they come back from the cleaners, laces left over right, stand at attention for National Anthem, render honors to first U.S. flag in a parade, even though it isn't a uniform cover, take hat off indoors, walk as in marching with eyes looking ahead (not at the deck), don't walk with hands in pockets or even stand around with hands in pocket, address seniors with Sir or Ma'am, and last but not least stand at attention for our beloved Hymn (and sometimes even have to wipe the sweat from the eyes afterwards). Also, don't let anyone get away with calling me an ex- or former Marine without telling them Once a Marine, Aways a Marine!

Also, still eat too damn fast most of the time.

Another thing I can't stand is people who don't understand that you stay to the right side when going up stairs or walking down a sidewalk. They run into me and do that stupid left right left right motion, and I'm just like "retard go to the right"

Ahh time to throw the uppercut,lol.

Always early (sometimes too early); still eat my food very quickly. Was at MCRD San Diego March - May 1998.

Thread Information