Things you still do from boot camp - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gardnerbob57103
    Read this thread Wounded Marine Conquers Berkeley and you might be tempted to take some buddies to Berkeley and lock and load. I know it totally p*ssed me off. California is truly the granolla state.
    You know what it makes me want to do...eas instead of reenlisting. Driving straight to Berkley and reupping there, so that those recruiters can still make mission...and perhaps bring hell with me to that town.

Parrris Island Sept-Dec 1965,Do you recall making a head call and drinking out of your hands.We never drink
    from a scuttlebutt (water fountain).Still eat too fast,
    our DI's would anounce we're having duck today ladies(duck in and duck out ie, eat faster.Still pleat
    and crease my shirt tail.Cover(never hat),Bulkhead,
    pogey bait,blouse my boots when hunting.Hands in
    pocket,unshined shoes,Irish Pennants,posture.I can
    still remember all 3 DI'S cadence.Sand Feas,Once a
    Marine always a Marine is more than words.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I do many a service call, And when I get thirsty, yea I'll drink outta the head sink. Is that a Marine thing? I thought I was just Uncooth.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WHEN I GET LOCKED UP I STILL THROW A "1-MAN" BLANKET PARTY FOR THE FUCER SNORING TOO LOUD

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Fist, Didn't know you could be 'locked up' in the Wal Mart bathroom with Rosie Palm.

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by MotivatorOfTheGuard
    You know what it makes me want to do...eas instead of reenlisting. Driving straight to Berkley and reupping there, so that those recruiters can still make mission...and perhaps bring hell with me to that town.
    That's a nice thought, but they are officer recruiters...I dunno if they do enlisted as well?

Still step off with the left. Walk in step with others. NEVER EVER Late. Stand @ attention during national anthem or the Marine Corp hymn. Blouse my shirts. Plan every little detail for a trip. No hands in pockets. Eat like a starving pubescent boy. I guess it never goes away, been over 30 + years.

I have been 15 minutes early to everything since I stepped off of the yellow footprints.

YUUUUUUUUUUUT

I swear, I can't stand how slow civilians walk! I get stuck walking behind groups of them around campus, and sometimes I get so frustrated that I slip and say "Step it the **** out". I mean, I'm 5 feet tall. There's no reason why I should be walking on the heels of 6 foot tall guys. Damn civilians need to walk with some pride.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    I swear, I can't stand how slow civilians walk! I get stuck walking behind groups of them around campus, and sometimes I get so frustrated that I slip and say "Step it the **** out". I mean, I'm 5 feet tall. There's no reason why I should be walking on the heels of 6 foot tall guys. Damn civilians need to walk with some pride.
    kill

Anytime I wear a tie clip, the tie is between the third and fourth button and centered. When I was first married my wife and I used to argue over my wanting to make our queen size beds with hospital corners.

I step off with the left foot, the only time I step on grass is when I am mowing it.

ROFLMAO!! It doesn't change through the years. I am an old salt and untill you mentioned this I had forgotten. Now I realize why I get so impatient in malls and the like. There are times I am in Wally world or K-mart where I want to yell "GANG WAY!!!" or "MAKE A HOLE!!!" Get so tired of people who shop like they drive. Thank you for bringing that back. It's amazing how many things I do automatically, and have forgotten it was drilled into me in Boot.

oohrah to that haha

Thread Information