Things you still do from boot camp - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim
    Yep...I still do all of it!!! That just goes to prove how DEEP the intial training goes!! I can still wake up at the butt-crack of dawn and function with high efficiency and sh!t, shower and shave in less then 5 minutes when I need to!!!

I carpool with a friend of mine to work for the past 10 years and last month it was his turn to drive and my alarm didn't go off when he was knocking on the door!! I had a quick boot camp flash back and was sitting in the truck 7 minutes later eating a breakfast bar!! He couldn't believe it!! Truth be told...neither could I!!!
    Once A Marine Always A Marine,

Still tuck in my boot and go faster laces, step off with the left foot, and take my shaving gear to the head.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Still step off with left foot,field strip cigg butts,stand at parade rest,still call a hat a cover,still have a pair of boots you can see to shave with.think about it ? we never left the Marine Corps !

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jim
    Still step off with left foot,field strip cigg butts,stand at parade rest,still call a hat a cover,still have a pair of boots you can see to shave with.think about it ? we never left the Marine Corps !
    And I don't want to leave. I will be a Marine in heart and soul even in the afterlife.

We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on? [Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff; during the assault on Grenada, 1983]

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I still make sure that all buttons are fastened on my jackets, coats and trousers.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    At our age, Wing, we're lucky to check our zipper.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    At our age, Wing, we're lucky to check our zipper.
    Zipper!? I wear sweats most days. LOL

I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold. [1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC; in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918]

Marine Free Member Matt Brzycki's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I still "blouse" my shirts at the sides before tucking them into my trousers. Even if it's a T-shirt and even if it's shorts.

When I wear a belt, I align the buckle with the trousers or shorts as per MC regs.

I also keep the shirts hanging in my closet from short-sleeve to long-sleeve and from the lightest color to the darkest color.

I grow a beard in the winter months (Nov to Apr) and keep a 'stash at other times. The 'stash is trimmed to MC regs.

Matt Brzycki
    Sergeant (1975-79)

NEVER EVER late, always early. My kids have learned that is much easier to deal with being early then my wrath if we are on time or late. My boot laces are left over right, no hands in my pockets. Highly organized and always prepared when going on trips.

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Put after shave in the toilet for the pretty color..... Nope just kidding. Still have the high and tight though.

I still want to eat fast and I still look every now an then on collars too see what rank they have.

Lace all shoes left over right, align my belt buckle with the zipper and shirt (with buttons). Still polish my shoes for work (get laughed at by the slackers). Use startch and crease all slacks and shirts. Tell folks to "square themselves away" I could go on and on.... Semper Fi ALL!

The sillyvilians are gonna start hollerin brainwashing, LOUDER and with good cause after reading these postings.

Sure would feel good to infiltrate the soviet berkely's pinko site and post these here comments

Should have mentioned in my earlier post, respect authority and obey laws and regulations.

Knock on doors before entering.

If you need to chew out someone junior to you, do it in private.

Don't tell someone else to do something you wouldn't do yourself--and expect reciprocation.

crate

Credits
    Savings
    Expanding my list, of one -

Don't interrupt the speaker - let them finish.
    Respect the National Anthem, the Flag, and the Pledge of Allegiance.
    DO NOT wear a cover indoors.
    Open doors for the weaker sex (I really don't need any grief over this, it's just a generation thing).
    Keep my shoes and boots shined and in good shape.
    My shirt is ALWAYS tucked in, along with wearing a belt.
    Irish pendants, or whatever they are called today, drive me batty.
    On time, by a minimum of 5 minutes. NEVER LATE!! It kills me.
    My hair may not be high and tight, but it ain't long and scraggly. I don't need to climb a tree to take a ****.

I know there are more, and I, along with others, will prolly continue to come up with them.

My compliments to the thread starter, a Marine who just happens to be a Female, and to the Duffer and Marine84, but I would really like to hear more of their thoughts. It seems there would be more of a difference between the boys and girls.

Thread Information