Things you still do from boot camp - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I still find myself standing at Parade Rest when and waiting to speak until spoken too....and I can't find myself walking and eatting at the same time.

I still cannot be LATE for anything.

I still don't go outdoors uncovered (baseball cap or cowboy hat is glued to my head and it usually comes off as I pass through the hatch.

I stand and uncover and salute the colors/National Anthem when appropriate. One time, at a National park, I was confronted and congratulated by a ranger who just raised morning Colors because I stood at attention and saluted from the moment he hooked the flag up until it was at full mast and secured for the day. It's just second nature to do it.

I did finally stop hollering "pass the F*kin pepper/salt at the table though.

I sit and stand straight. It's not unusual for someone to ask me if I was in the military before, of course my answer is always "I was a Marine"

Now if I could only lose this dang belly..............sheesh

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    MY HEAD D.I TAUGHT ME HOW TOO CUSS.ATTITUDE CHECK-F-IT

I still put my back to the wall in the shower when I drop the soap

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    Brian, you've been a Marine for about an hour, you boot! This thread isn't for you, you have to at least be away from boot camp for more then an hour or two in order to respond here! Semper Fi and welcome to the club, Marine. Now go give some poolees a pep talk,,,
    LMAO

Young ones always need guideness

Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter
    LMAO

Young ones always need guideness

Ellie
    I think its guidance.....lol.... but I understood.

Credits
    Savings
    All the above plus military creases and military folds in the rear of my Civie issued shirts.
    Doged on for shined shoes.
    ALWAYS early for appointments
    And this boot camp was 1965 !

in civi's i cant walk and talk on the phone or have my hands in my pockets...and even when walking with civialian friends i find myself in step with them even though i try not to be

too funny

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Palmer
    I still put my back to the wall in the shower when I drop the soap
    Why SSgt. do you do that, did you have a bad experience while you were in, or did you think that you was going to?

Walking and cellphone/food thing. I think my 3 year old is "nasty" when she walks along eating her ice cream. I have to hide in a corner to make a cell call...or my car...no other comfortable place.

Early to everything...always, always.

Always carry my gear in my left hand. Never know who you may have to salute in first civ. div. So far NO ONE, but you never know.

Pay respects to Colors..

They taught us to hit the deck, left over right snap, that was the ditty. And everytime I sit in my chair, I always say it in my head. All my laces are left over right as I am looking at them.. and today at chow, I noticed that i was sitting 45 degree angle, back straight with my empty hand on my knee. I thought that I had worked it out, but apparently its still there, and probably always will be. The stairs thing, I do it too. hehe..

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    FIST beat me to it they taught me how to cuss!

I dont carry a wallet cause the unsightly bulges and i lose them

cash is folded in left front trouser pocket and cards inside coat pocket or buttoned shirt pocket.

loosely blouse shirts and sometimes i'll open the fly zipper reach in and tug the tails down hehe.

wear a few heavyweight khaki or camel shirts like the Creightons often when its hot yes sometimes i do press and lightly starch

dont sit bolt upright feet flat and all that cause it makes my back sore.

do sometimes pull, clip or burn Irish pennants/Russian rapelling ropes from garments

keep my hair short and cant stand it on the back of my neck and over the ears

hummm or sing cadence when on a tiresome hike, especially when its hot etc...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Whats the crap about never being late? The posts suprised me. I can't be late for Anything. It got so bad, I tried to be late for work once, but failed. Why, or how is this a Marine Corps thing? I had no idea.

I have noticed that when setting up a family trip, I plan for EVERY possibility. Camping, fishing, picnic,shooting. I've left nothing out. Is that a Corps thing too? This thread is scaring me.

My civies are always ironed with a military crease. I am always at attention when I hear colors. I still step off with my left foot.

Cantrell

Thread Information