Dep Question
Create Post

Thread: Dep Question

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Dep Question

How you doin im turning 17 in febuary but im a sophmore in high school and i was wondering if i can sign up for dep when im 17 or do i have to wait to be a senior? cause some people told me they would let me sign up but dont know do you?

I believe that you have to be a junior in high school, simply because you can not be in the DEP for more than a year (they recently extended it a little, but it's still only like 410 days or something like that that you can be in it). So, even though you'll be 17 and physically old enough, because of the fact that you would have more than 2 years until you graduate, you can not DEP in yet.
    Stay moto, keep hanging out at your RSS, go to poole functions, and DEP in next year.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks yea i go to pt every week i can.

You need to pay more attention to your grammar, kid.

No, from my personal experience they made me wait until i was 17 1/2 and a senior. Then my parents had to sign the enlistment papers. That was in the end of 2002 so maybe it changed.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe0311
    How you doin im turning 17 in febuary but im a sophmore in high school and i was wondering if i can sign up for dep when im 17 or do i have to wait to be a senior? cause some people told me they would let me sign up but dont know do you?

You have to be at least 17 years old AND must have completed your junior year in high school, with parental consent (both parents). The definition of Senior is "successfully completed the 11th grade in high school and promoted to the 12th grade", so the day after you finish your junior, 11th, year you can DEP in, with Parental consent!

If you are gonna be 17 in February as a Sophomore, then you will turn 18 during your Junior year, so the Parental consent rule will not apply, but you will still have to wait until you complete your junior year!

And, there you go.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all your help i understand now.

Thread Information