I was wondering if any of you ever worked for KBR overseas.
Create Post

I was wondering if any of you ever worked for KBR overseas.

Im no longer in the Corp due to a car wreck, almost lost my leg and now it has bolts, pins, screws, plates, rods and wire holding it together... just missing grease inserts, lol. Anyways I been thinking about applying for a KBR job in Iraq I have heard the pay can be good.
    I was wondering if any of you tried it out and if you could give me a rough idea of what the pay scale and living style is over there. Any information or advice would be very helpful.

As a KBR contractor, you are not allowed to carry a firearm. There is no way in hell that I would go back to Iraq without a weapon. Something to consider, especially if the job you are applying for requires you to go from base to base (convoy outside the wire).

Not having a weapon does not sound to good.... I was aiming for heavy equipment operator or some sort of construction. I did not wanna get into any convoy missions or transporting materials. Do you know if the construction sites are within the wire?

if you are no longer in the Corp,but were in the Corp,where is the profile?

bootlace15 out

I just found and joined this site lastnight, I have not bought a membership. I'll get to making a profile sooner or later. Im more intrested in KBR to be honest with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13
    Not having a weapon does not sound to good.... I was aiming for heavy equipment operator or some sort of construction. I did not wanna get into any convoy missions or transporting materials. Do you know if the construction sites are within the wire?

I never saw KBR do any off base construction projects. Those were usually contracted out to the locals via the CAG unit and Army Corps of Engineers assigned to the AO.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtOfMarines
    I never saw KBR do any off base construction projects. Those were usually contracted out to the locals via the CAG unit and Army Corps of Engineers assigned to the AO.
    I Second that.
    When I was in Haiti all the in country construction was done by the Engineers and SeaBees. KBR remained in the wire except for their security folks.

I just sent a resume in, by chance do any of you know the pay? From what I have read you work 12 hrs a day and 7 days a week. I have seen on some websites people making some serious money like 8k a month and I have seen people saying its a joke and around 15 dollars an hr. They did not say what duties they were doing for that sorta money. I talked to a local recruiter today and he made it sound like it was pretty good money working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13
    I just sent a resume in, by chance do any of you know the pay? From what I have read you work 12 hrs a day and 7 days a week. I have seen on some websites people making some serious money like 8k a month and I have seen people saying its a joke and around 15 dollars an hr. They did not say what duties they were doing for that sorta money. I talked to a local recruiter today and he made it sound like it was pretty good money working for them.
    Have you looked at their website yet?

http://www.kbr.com/careers/index.aspx

Yes, I have been all through the KBR website and other sites thats show up from google. I can't find a thing on pay scale there. I guess im just gonna have to find out when the time comes if I get hired. I appreciate that link SSgt.

Thread Information