Hashimotos Thyroiditis Waiver -HELP-
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Hashimotos Thyroiditis Waiver -HELP-

Hello Marines!

Im a 16 year old highschool student wanting to join the USMC. But there is one problem! I have hashimotos hypothyroid thyroiditis.

Ive been on synthroid, the meds for it, for 3 years since I was 13. I have no goiter, and my TSH levels are as normal as someone without any thyroid problem! It is under control as much as it can be.

Ive talked to several Marines and a few US Army soldiers who have hypothyroid and take medication every day and got in no problem. But what about hashimotos?

Can I possibly get a waiver for it? I know it is a DQ, but is it unwaiverable? Hashimotos is the number ONE cause of hypothyroid.

Thank you all! God bless.

- Jake

Hay bud, I'm not gonna lie, your probably not gonna get an answer out of these devil dogs.....unless one off them might be a recruiter.

heck I'm a doc and I don't even know. A recruiter would be your best bet.

Credits
    Savings
    Ok, thanks anyway.

Even though he is not a Marine, I sent an email to Goarmy.com and a nice man replied saying it is waiverable in the Army. But I have always wanted to be a Marine more.

Then you should learn to follow the rules.
    How about reading the "Read this before posting" thread?

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry, I will do that now.

Welcome Jake R.

What did they tell you on the other board, ala "Chemical Ali" about 10 days ago? It was stated that any hypothyroidism that is controllable with medication is waiverable.

I was in the service and diagnosed with hypothyroidism, which I take sinthroid for.

Check with your recruiter and make sure and come back and post the answer....

We are waiting....tick... tock, tick

Chemical Ali from the military forum, and the National Guard Recruiter, Sgt Davis... from their recruiting site and goarmy.com....etc, etc.

GO TALK TO A RECRUITER SON, as soon as you fill out your profile!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Are you the same one who posted this in this thread?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59537

If not the ages are correct for both even though you didn't fill out the profile that you said you would.....is there a reason?

If you are the same person check with a recruiter and get your answer. Because the answer has once been given and the question can be reworded as many times as you want but its the same question.

Thread Information