Enlistment Questions
Create Post

Enlistment Questions

I am planning on enlisting in a year when I am elligable and I had some questions. I plan on taking extra independent courses on top of regular public school so I can graduate early, I was wondering if I would have to tell my recruiter about this, or if it would disqualify me or would require me to get a waiver. My second question is that when I was reading the medical quistionaire I came across one question that I was not quite sure about, I did not know if I had it or if it was on my medical records. On my medical history report for JROTC my Doctor checked "no" for this question(it is the same questionaire for the military) I was just wondering what I should check for this question, I think my doctor knows what he's talking about and wouldnt lie about that, especially with my medical records right in front of him. Thanks.

First, prove to us you have the ability to read and follow simple directions.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

Echo Four Bravo,

I believe you were talking about my profile if I am correct, I updated it after I read the forums section.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Chili up

First, you should tell your recruiter EVERYTHING. As long as you graduate from a brick and mortar school and not with a GED or from homeschool, you should be fine.

The medical question is a bit difficult to address. You didn't bother to tell us what you were talking about, and I don't have the ability to read minds. Simply put, if you've been diagnosed with anything, then you check yes. If you haven't, you don't.

Thank you for your help, sorry about not specifying the condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Chili up
    heh heh...now that's funny right there.

You're not sorry. If you were sorry you would have come back and said what it was. Instead you're thinking it doesn't matter what it is. It does matter, be honest with the recruiter. We don't need someone with issues that they think aren't important to end up causing problems for an entire platoon of Marines while they need to be thinking about the enemy that is in front of them.

Hay Hay now Echo......I don't wanna know if the MF has hemmoroids...lol. He doesn't have to tell me ****.

It was just seeing a concelor about grades.But the questionaire said any type of counseor so I didnt know if it included that.

I'm almost positive the question is asking of you go to a freakin "sit down and tell me your feelings" counselor. the question is to make sure your not a freakin barrel case. gonna crack and fu*kin shoot yourself in the face or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DOC WEB
    I'm almost positive the question is asking of you go to a freakin "sit down and tell me your feelings" counselor. the question is to make sure your not a freakin barrel case. gonna crack and fu*kin shoot yourself in the face or anything like that.
    Doc,
    Love the way you put the words together. Think it should be reworded that way on the form.

Question 3a."Have you ever had the tendency or desire to crack or shoot yourself int he ****ing face or anything?"

Doc has the answers. A guidance counselor for classes no... a mental health professional....yes.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence
    Doc,
    Love the way you put the words together. Think it should be reworded that way on the form.

Question 3a."Have you ever had the tendency or desire to crack or shoot yourself int he ****ing face or anything?"

Doc has the answers. A guidance counselor for classes no... a mental health professional....yes.
    Question 3a will most definitley be used at some point in the office.

Thread Information