I need help with the last 10.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1

    I need help with the last 10.

    I'm needing some help losing the last 10 or so pounds. I want to get dep'ed in as soon as possible. I'm 5'7" and weight about 210 (my weight for meps is 200), I use to weigh 235 and lost the 25 lbs pretty quick. I know what you're thinking...get my fatbody up and workout, but the problem is I do. I run 1.5-2.0 miles a day, with 30 minutes of extreme interval workouts. I perform about 100 (10 sets of 10) pullups a day and 200 crunches and pushups. I also eat very well, a balanced diet my recruiter gave me. I'm motto to the max, and this is all I want, to claim that title of "Marine", the IST isn't a problem I do the 1.5 mi. in about 10 minutes, 60 crunches in 2 minutes and 10 pullups, all I need is to lose the last bit of weight but it just won't go. Is there anything, anyone can tell me or help me with. I've been working hard now but I just can't seem to lose these last few pounds.

    Any help, advice, or anything would be great appreciated. Thank you!!


  2. #2
    Try doing more cardio. Run for at least 30 minutes everday, don't worry about how far you go just run for 30 Minutes, 45 would be better. It's all about the Cardio ( at least for me it works)

    Also, try to eat at the same time everyday.
    I've heard of some people instead of eating 3 times a day... they eat the same amount but split it up to 5-6 times per day to increase their metabolism.

    Hope this helped.
    Gardner


  3. #3
    mbwood,

    Who are you?
    Who, who, who, who?
    Who are you?
    Who, who, who, who?
    Who are you?
    Who, who, who, who?
    Who are you?
    Who, who, who, who?


    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!


  4. #4
    Fill that profile out, or SSgt. Jim is not gonna be a happy camper.


  5. #5
    My apologies. I even read all the stuff I needed to do right before registering, but was just so anxious to get my first post I completely forgot! Thanks for reminding me.


  6. #6
    As Derek said, cardio, cardio, cardio. Also a steam at the gym will help shed a few pounds of water weight, its not real weight but it does help for a weigh in.


  7. #7
    Eating Wise -don't eat any carbs after 6pm, Eat 6 small meals through out the day it will keep you from eating bad foods. (cause you will be full and it will keep you from overeating) For working out do high reps and as much weight as you can while doing at least 15 reps. Then Run and also hit the steam room..


  8. #8
    dang, you weigh that at 5'7" AND you run the 1.5 in 10????? If you're being completely honest you're going to be a friggin PT stud. Wow.


  9. #9
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coatesville
    Posts
    24
    Credits
    10,006
    Savings
    0
    Hahahaha I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed too. It's good moto for me too as I'm bigger than you and you rock me in all departments As far as the advice I read above, eating 6 small meals throughout the days and cutting carbs many hours before bedtime is an excellent idea. As far as hitting the steam room...that's a temporary weight loss solution. All it will do is dehydrate you. You said you're already doing intense intervals, which sounds excellent as things like HIIT are supposed to be good for burning fat. If I find anything else in my research, I'll let you know! But good luck and keep up that motivation.


  10. #10
    mbwood,

    You can try this.....not proven....but it works for me!


    Why Should We Have Sex? 20 Good Healthy Reasons

    1. Sex is beneficial for both the heart and the blood circulation, especially in the brain. While having sex, the heart rate goes from 70 beats per minute to 150, a good training for the heart. Having sex thrice a week decreases the risk of heart attack by 50 %. Also during the sex intercourses, the breath is deeper, meaning a better oxygenation.

    2. The mental and emotional health balance is clearly tuned by sex. People who are involuntarily celibate or abstinent and often exhibit depressive feelings (like anger, frustration, self-doubt, paranoia and even depression) are driven into this by "missed opportunities", due to living without having sex.

    In fact, in case of light depressions, after having sex the brain releases endorphins, that decrease stress, inducing a state of euphoria.

    It seems also to be something in the sperm contributing to the good effect on the mood. Researches showed that women whose partners used condoms were more prone to depression than others. This is supposed to be linked to prostaglandin, a chemical found in the sperm and absorbed in the vaginal tract, modulating the woman's mood. Semen appears to act as an antidepressant in women.

    Women who have sex without condoms are also more likely to be victims of the rebound effect following the breakup of their relationship, pointing that there is a withdrawal effect that influences depressiveness when semen exposure stops.

    Anyway, protected or not, sex and orgasm do cause a release of endorphins, the "happiness" brain hormone that ‘brings’ the good mood.

    Even more important is the fact that sex strengthens the bound of the couple, self esteem, positive thinking and optimism.

    A 2007 British research proved that sex is better than money in making you happy, and being sexually active indeed brings a happy life. But more financial power doesn't bring you more sex.

    Sex "enters so strongly (and) positively in happiness equations" that a higher frequency of sexual contacts from once monthly to once weekly is similar to the happiness level increase brought by an additional $50,000 in income for the average American. The happiest individuals were those getting the most and regular sex: married people, or those involved in a relationship, who declared 30% more sexual activity than bachelors. A stable marriage was figured out to bring the same happiness levels provoked by an extra $100,000 earning annually, while divorce was equivalent to a happiness decrease of $66,000 each year.

    Psychologists already knew that happy people are usually more sexually active, and many studies confirmed that people who are depressed have less sex. It is sure that mind and sex fuel each other.

    3. Sex eliminates stress. You know the feeling of total relaxation and calm following a sexual intercourse. A subsequent profound calming sleep follows, with great effect in combating the stress, and persons with a regular sex life sleep better and feel better the next day.

    4. Sex means softer skin. While having sex, a woman's body doubles the estrogen level, and this makes her hair shine while the skin becomes softer.

    5. Long term researches showed that regular basis sex increases the humans’ lifespan. For the same age and health, those who had orgasms more frequently had half the death rate of men who did not have such frequent orgasms. This could be due to the plummeting stress hormones, reaction that installs after we have sex. Frequent orgasms (about 100 per year) have been linked to an increase of 3-8 years in a person's lifespan and a decrease of death risk of 50%.

    6. Sweating while having sex cleanse the skin pores, making the skin brighter and decreasing the risk of developing dermatitis.

    7. Sex can keep you fit, burning extra-pounds. Quickies of 20 minutes weekly mean 7 500 calories annually, that’s as much as you consume on 120 km (745 mi) of jogging. A sex session can burn about 200 calories. This is like running 15 minutes on a treadmill!




  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenchu
    Hahahaha I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed too. It's good moto for me too as I'm bigger than you and you rock me in all departments As far as the advice I read above, eating 6 small meals throughout the days and cutting carbs many hours before bedtime is an excellent idea. As far as hitting the steam room...that's a temporary weight loss solution. All it will do is dehydrate you. You said you're already doing intense intervals, which sounds excellent as things like HIIT are supposed to be good for burning fat. If I find anything else in my research, I'll let you know! But good luck and keep up that motivation.
    LOL, yea if you get in a steam you should probably replenish when you get out. I know its a temp loss thats what I said in my post, I was saying if he was having problems getting rid of his last few pounds right before weigh in, re-read my post.

    We used them to get down in weight for wrestling, boxers and other athletes use them right before a weigh in.....hahaha.


  12. #12
    Thanks for all the advice given to everyone. I've been doing research on the sauna thing and apparently it can burn up to 500 calories in a half hour, so besides the loss in water weight it increases your caloric output.

    To moto83 I'm not exactly this weight and all fat I'm only 23% body fat (still EXTREMELY too high) and I can run the 1.5 mi. in 10 minutes but I have nothing left in me afterthat. The PFT 3 mile scares the hell outta me, I don't want to think about that.

    And to PhantomBlooper, that's some interesting stuff. Not that sex makes you happier I already knew that, but that semen can act as an antidepressent.

    Once again thanks for all the advice guys. I love this website so far. Can't wait to get into the other forums though.


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwood
    Thanks for all the advice given to everyone. I've been doing research on the sauna thing and apparently it can burn up to 500 calories in a half hour, so besides the loss in water weight it increases your caloric output.

    To moto83 I'm not exactly this weight and all fat I'm only 23% body fat (still EXTREMELY too high) and I can run the 1.5 mi. in 10 minutes but I have nothing left in me afterthat. The PFT 3 mile scares the hell outta me, I don't want to think about that.

    And to PhantomBlooper, that's some interesting stuff. Not that sex makes you happier I already knew that, but that semen can act as an antidepressent.

    Once again thanks for all the advice guys. I love this website so far. Can't wait to get into the other forums though.
    Man, you've got it. Trust me, you do.I used to powerlift and when you have someone screaming at you ****ing you off, you get all kinds of crazy strength and endurance. It's like a little switch that turns on. You will be JUST fine...lose those pounds brotha, even if you have to take hydroxycut which, with your diet and routine would work wonders. I lost 20 pounds on it in a short period of time. Just be damn careful and do NOT take more than you're supposed to. Follow a strict regimen and supplement that with the miracle pills and you should be quite impressed with the results. I repeat, DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO! And talk to your doctor about it as well. If you really want to lose that weight, that is a sure ticket. I'll bet the farm on it.


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by moto83
    Man, you've got it. Trust me, you do.I used to powerlift and when you have someone screaming at you ****ing you off, you get all kinds of crazy strength and endurance. It's like a little switch that turns on. You will be JUST fine...lose those pounds brotha, even if you have to take hydroxycut which, with your diet and routine would work wonders. I lost 20 pounds on it in a short period of time. Just be damn careful and do NOT take more than you're supposed to. Follow a strict regimen and supplement that with the miracle pills and you should be quite impressed with the results. I repeat, DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO! And talk to your doctor about it as well. If you really want to lose that weight, that is a sure ticket. I'll bet the farm on it.
    No offense, but there is no need for "mircale pills" in order to get the weight off. Are you keeping your body suprised, or are you useing the same workout schedule week in and out? If you are I would try switching it up a bit. Work a bit more with HIT training. Also, don't forget you can start going backwards if you are overtraining, so make sure your body parts have time to heal. Of course as others have said, endurance cardio really helps as well.

    Even if your eating the right foods, I would suggest doing some more research on nutrition. As eating the right foods at the right time can mean a difference as well; among other things. Also, drink a ****load of water, that is a another key ingredient.

    Sorry if all I am doing is reenforcing what you already know, but just my .02. Hope it helps a bit.


  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwood
    Thanks for all the advice given to everyone. I've been doing research on the sauna thing and apparently it can burn up to 500 calories in a half hour, so besides the loss in water weight it increases your caloric output.

    To moto83 I'm not exactly this weight and all fat I'm only 23% body fat (still EXTREMELY too high) and I can run the 1.5 mi. in 10 minutes but I have nothing left in me afterthat. The PFT 3 mile scares the hell outta me, I don't want to think about that.

    And to PhantomBlooper, that's some interesting stuff. Not that sex makes you happier I already knew that, but that semen can act as an antidepressent.

    Once again thanks for all the advice guys. I love this website so far. Can't wait to get into the other forums though.
    Thats what I was trying to tell Karsten, the sauna can be used for those last minute pound or two burn off...just a temp fix but it can help you get over the hump.

    You have been given a lot of other good info from other folks as well....keep us updated.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts