I'm STEAMING - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm STEAMING

MOST OF MY FAMILY WERE ARMY OFFICERS,THERE WAS ONLY ONE WAY TO OUT DO THEM......Oooo Rah!!! I'd remind the LTCOL.....Once he gets to Heavens scenes ,he"ll see the streets are guarded by UnitedStates Marines...Even he's got to request permission to pass!!
    This subject is a touchy one,you may want to ask him to stick to the course at hand & keep his opinions to himself...Opinions are like Ass Holes...everyone's got one...

Credits
    Savings
    When teaching these kids some of the rich history of the Marines, point out that :
    1) Marines under Gen. Macarthur were forced to surrender,while following orders ( Army orders), in the Philipines.
    2) The Marines victory at Belleau Woods in WWI, the Army couldn't get it done
    3) 3rd Recon in Vietnam getting the U.S Army Presidential Unit Citation and why
    4) Didn't the Marines save the Army's butt in Korea after they were pushed all the way down the penninsula. Wasn't it the Marines who had there 1st Div surrounded by Chicoms and killed them all
    5) The Marines are the ones trained and disciplined enough to guard U.S Embassy's, fly Marine One, and stand tall at the White House. Where is the Army?
    6) The Marines were tasked with training the Army how to do amphibiose landings prior to D-Day
    Oh yeah, how about all those battle streamers.

Also go ahead and tie in some recent battles. Take Fallujah for instance...the reason that Marines are based there is because the Army couldn't take the city. And when we had to take it and we turned it back over to them they couldn't hold it. So that's why Fallujah Two happened and more Marines got killed...because the army couldn't do their job. And now Marines are occupying Iraq because the army can't hold their ground.

Just make sure you keep a smile on your face and refute this army dog. Obviously we Marines have Special Forces....we were just not a member of SOCOM. Did the Marines not just recently join SOCOM? Here on Wikipedia is shows the Special Forces by country and branch, we seem to have 6 units in the USMC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...rations_Forces

So the doggy saying that we do not have Special Forces just shows his ignorance. And if he is ignorant on that then what else is he ignorant about?

Talking about the recent murder is a lame attempt to slam the Marines. How about when the war first started wasn't there a army guy who rolled a hand grenade into a tent full of his "buddies" and blew them up?

How about the Army with all of their gang problems. They are having such recruiting problems that they are letting gang bangers in...and recently a army guy was killed after he went through their little "initiation"...so another army on army kiling. Gangs are a real problem in the army, http://www.streetgangs.com/topics/19...95cpblmil.html

This is from their own USArmy times: http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/0...ports_070828w/

So to me the army light kernel, (or whatever rank he was), should make sure his own house is in order before he slams the Marines....freaken dickwad.

Yes the Marine Corps has joined with SOCOM. The first unit to join SOCOM from the Marine side was MARDET 1. We're not as involved with SOCOM as the other branches are but that's one of the things that the Marine Corps prides itself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider
    Yes the Marine Corps has joined with SOCOM. The first unit to join SOCOM from the Marine side was MARDET 1. We're not as involved with SOCOM as the other branches are but that's one of the things that the Marine Corps prides itself in.
    Thats what I'm talking about. And it just proves how STUPID the army tool is...I'd through all of this fresh info back into his face.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Among the other special Marine forces, let's not forget the most successful operation in Vietnam - Combined Action. 114 villages were protected by a CAP, and not one single village fell to the Communists until after we left. The current Surge in Iraq is based on the CAP concept.

Semper Fi
    Deduke

A LtCol in the Army? So that makes him what, equivelant to a Cpl in the Marine Corps?

The Marine Corps has MARSOC, I lived with them for 2 months on the USS Nassau.

They don't get any special treatment like high echelon units in the other branches do. They're normal Marines with a huge budget.

It's happening again.

What you just said is happening again, but on a much larger scale this time. Instead of the Army losing just one city, Fallujah, they are losing the entire country of Afghanistan. If you have been reading the news lately, you will have seen that we are sending a re-inforced MEU into the south region of Afghanistam, because the Army can't keep up.

Top Fairchild

Also go ahead and tie in some recent battles. Take Fallujah for instance...the reason that Marines are based there is because the Army couldn't take the city. And when we had to take it and we turned it back over to them they couldn't hold it. So that's why Fallujah Two happened and more Marines got killed...because the army couldn't do their job. And now Marines are occupying Iraq because the army can't hold their ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Accord
    The Marine Corps has MARSOC, I lived with them for 2 months on the USS Nassau.

They don't get any special treatment like high echelon units in the other branches do. They're normal Marines with a huge budget.

Yeah I know what you're saying. We do have MARSOC. MARSOC is what used to be known as Force Recon. But just know that we do have a few detachments in SOCOM. It's outside of MARSOC.

I think the bottom line here is to point out that in spite of being Marines, we are all still human beings who deal with our problems like any other human being might. Stress sucks, no matter what uniform you wear, and to attribute the manner in which that particular situation was handled to the fact that he is a Marine is just plain childish. Surely an educated man such as himself would be able to see the reason in this statement. If not, butt stroke his squishy ass retarded face and move on...

Quote Originally Posted by bdfairchild
    What you just said is happening again, but on a much larger scale this time. Instead of the Army losing just one city, Fallujah, they are losing the entire country of Afghanistan. If you have been reading the news lately, you will have seen that we are sending a re-inforced MEU into the south region of Afghanistam, because the Army can't keep up.

Top Fairchild
    I'm one of the grunts in that MEU going to the Ghan.

No special forces?

Try MARSOC.
    Try Marines that stop wars before they happen.
    Try Marines that run 20 miles in combat gear like its cool.

Hey, we're all devil dogs, and we're all killers, but they're mother****ing Recon.

Thread Information