Welcome Aboard - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard

I am new to the site. I have been out since 2002. Have been lurking around the site for about a week. Great site. I have been enjoying the jokes and other things. I have been spending a lot of time here.

Thank You for all the hard work.

Semper Fi everyone! New to the site and just wanted to make my presence known! Please feel free to pm or ask me anything.
    0811 with Kilo 3/11, 29 palms, CA

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome Aboard Sgt Diaz! We got lots going on. We lost our genuine Island Hopping Marine last year but we still have a Chosin Few around somewhere.

Just joined this site, still trying to get everything squared away as far as my profile and such. Found this site not long ago and was impressed as to the topics that are covered. Good stuff on here and brings back memories that I haven't thought about for awhile. Thanks to all for the welcome aboard. My MOS, 6054 bubble chaser on F4-J.

Marines,
    Found the website while I was trying to find some of decals of my units. A little about me:
    3521 Sergeant 1994-2007
    1994: MCRD San Diego 3rd Recruit Training Battalion, Lima Company, Platoon 3001
    1996-1999: 1st Bn. 3rd Marines & 1st Bn. 12th Marines MCAS Kaneohe Bay
    1999-2002: HqSvc Bn. MCB Quantico
    2002-2003: CSSD-36 MCAS Iwakuni Japan
    2003-2007: 1st Maint. Bn. MCB Camp Pendleton
    1 tour OIF II.

SEMPER FI

Oorah, brothers and fellow Marines. I'm new to the site and decided to join after a few days of browsing the site.

I'm a week away from graduating the Fire Support Man course for naval gunfire here in Coronado, CA. After some leave home, I head to MCB Hawaii for my permanent duty station.

I began boot camp on March 17, 2008 and graduated June 13, 2008 with 3RD BN, I CO, PLT 3040. My Drill Instructors, SDI SSGT Robinson, DI SGT Williams, DI SSGT Greene, and DI SSGT Johnson all left a huge impression on me. Because of this and my highly motivated attitude about the Marine Corps, I intend on finding my way into the drill field.

I've currently been in the Marine Corps for going on 10 months. There was a 3-4 month layover at the first half of my MOS school.

My MOS is 0861, Scout Observer, otherwise known as Fire Support Man. I'm an Artillery Marine all the way.

My highly motivated personality and strict adherence to rules set forth has jokingly earned me the title of "Lance Corporal of the Marine Corps" from my peers.

That's all I can think of to introduce myself at the moment. If anyone has any questions for me, please feel free to send them my way!

Semper Fidelis

LCPL Brown

Welcome aboard brother,
    Good to hear you are starting your Marine Corps career out in Hawaii. I started out there myself. Make the most out of your tour out there. I absolutely loved my three years out in Hawaii, get out there and see the islands. And take advantage of every opportunity that the Marine Corps gives you for civilian education, training, etc...
    Take care of yourself and your fellow Marines.

Semper Fi

I will definitely do that. Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf2131 View Post
    I will definitely do that. Thanks for the advice!
    6 months outta Boot and already an E-3. You have a promising future ahead of you with your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    6 months outta Boot and already an E-3. You have a promising future ahead of you with your attitude.
    I tend to stay motivated and give everything 110%. My ultimate goal is to become a Drill Instructor, seeing as mine left a huge impression on me. I was a contract PFC and got a Cercom out of MCT for Honor Grad, India Company. I picked up Lance Corporal at 8 months time in grade, 8 months time in service. I'm working hard to pick up Corporal. The cutting score for 0861 is pretty low to get there, so I shouldn't have a hard time getting it.

Hey Bob,I see blood stripes on you before the year is over..2009 that is..
    DI school's in your future.
    GET ER DONE...

Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    Hey Bob,I see blood stripes on you before the year is over..2009 that is..
    DI school's in your future.
    GET ER DONE...

Haha. definitely. I see it happening within the next few months, perhaps. Unless I missed something, I'm not far from the cutting score. I think all I'd need is a little more added to my cutting score and a few more months time in grade. I've upped my PFT since boot and am now sitting around a 250-255 versus the 236 out of boot. Rifle qual score was a 227 out of boot, too. I'm ready to qual again to score higher.

Oooh-Rah Marines! Been gone a while, was busy at school, but I'm back! Good to see you all again!

Merry Christmas!

Permission to come aboard

Steve Vicars checking in, served from 1994 to 1998 as a 6072 aviation support equipment mechanic/hydraulicsman. Looking forward to spilling a beer ot two with my fellow Marines.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome aboard Steve! Swing with the Wing

Thread Information