Welcome Aboard - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard

I thank all of you for allowing me to feel at home again. I have been out for a long time now and it hasn't been the same since. It's hard for me to talk the talk around here especially without being able to walk the walk anymore.

The last couple of days have been just the shot in the arm I needed. (and none of us are any strangers to those that's for sure). The better half is asking what's the deal. She is very caring and supportive and I can go into as much detail as she wants me to but... it would be the same as if I were speaking Cherokee. Just gets lost in the translation.

Semper Fi

Hey , swabbie, send his punk a__ over, we'll take care of him the Marine Corps way.

Welcome FireMarine. I'm also a firefighter with the New Hanover County Fire and Rescue. Keep up the good fight.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hello to all Marines and my utmost thanks to you all for Being there FIRST!!! When it has to be done send in the MARINES!!!!! I'm just a supporter of all military and if it doesn't offend anyone I'm a leather flying unit patch maker. Semper Fi and many many thanks again MARINES-OOOO RAAAAHHH!!!!!
    Johnny Signor WeBeEmblems@aol.com

Hello Devil Dogs! My names Tyler...Just finished up boot camp at MCRD and found this website and decided to sign up. I check into SOI November 4th to become a Marine Corps Grunt. Is there any 0331's in here? Anyways take it easy gentlemen. Semper Fi.

Greetings, anutha newbie to the site. Been lovin' it.......it's bringing back so many memories of my time with the baddest family on earth.

Semper Fi!
    • Aug 76 - Nov 76 Parris Island: 1st Bn, Plt 185 (SSgt K Thompson, Sgt R Reed, Sgt L Holloway)
    • Dec 76 - Mar 77: Camp Lejuene, Supply School
    • Mar 77 - Mar 78: Camp Schwab (Oki) 3/9, H&S Co, Bn Supply
    • Apr 78 - Jun 79: CamPen, 1st Fssg, Supply Co
    • Jun 79 - Aug 80: MCMWTC, Bridgeport, Ca Jun 79 to Aug 80

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome aboard Ken, Tyler, SIGGY! Lots to see here, make yourselves comfortable.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you.Semper Fi to all

Ran into this site last week and signed up, Have been out of the Corps since August of 1980, glad there is a place to keep up with my brothers

Semper Fi Devil Dogs.....

HQ 1/11 comm

you can talk about us, but you cant talk without us Semper Fi Jarheads

Hello, I've decided to stop lurking and register. A coworker who won't shut up about being a Marine (and making my bs alarm start to rise; at least he doesn't claim to be a sniper or Force Recon) first made me do a search for exposing Marine fraud.

But I do ask, when you find an outright fraud, where can I go to turn over information? (My current source of irritation being a myspace page.)

Ask him what BN, Company, and Platoon he graduated with in boot camp along with where he graduated and where he was stationed. If you ask enough questions and he doesn't know or has to think more then likely he's making it up. If he's spot on and can give you all the information then more then likely he's legit. Hope that helps.

I have been off active duty for almost 28 years now. This site that you have here is really great, brings back a host of wonderful memories of years past, It did my ole salty heart good.. Keep up the great work here. Semper-Fi

Current Active Duty F/A-18 Structures/Hydraulics Mechanic.

Did my Boot in "Hollywood" in 2005. Getting closer to the time when I need to hop of the re-enlistment fence or not...

Don't have many interesting stories. I'm a Winger and only have one deployment (Japan) under my belt and from the looks of things I will not be going "Over There". I'm a disgruntled but "needs of the service" as Jack Aubrey would say.

Anyways I'm a WW2 fanatic and I re-enact WW2. My main impression is part of a unit that portrays the 442d RCT (The Nisei Japanese-Americans) and for us Non-Japanese, we do the 34th Infantry Division which the 100th Battalion and later the 442 spent a lot of time with. (I'm Filipino and could look the part but I chose to stay with the standard). So why is that important? Because I got my name from my savvy fellow re-enactors. One surmised I'm a gyrene doing a GI impression... so that made me the GI-rene.

Don't worry though gents... My first event once they found out I was a Marine, they approached me with the fact they were starting a Marine unit I didn't bat an eye.

I have had the honor of meeting SgtMaj Gorczewski. Its a small Marine Corps when you find out that a fellow Marine Gamer (I'm part of a gaming group thats by Marines for Marines) had him as a 1st Sergeant in his Weapons Company. Go figure!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome aboard GIrene! Sounds like a good bunch in your Re-enactments. Glad you got on their Marine Team.

Semper Fi

Thread Information