Welcome Aboard - Page 40
Create Post
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard

Hey guys!!! first time poster. Got outta the Corps about 5 years ago. Did time in Security Forces in Bangor, then went to 2\8 Echo. Had fun winning the hearts and minds in Iraq for a while.
    Love the site. Keep up the good work.

Welcome aboard crazynative...Enjoy!

Gung Ho,

Ray

I guess I should have done this before I posted anywhere else. Name's Tyler.

I was a 5811 & 5812 in the Corps. Was in from 2002-2008. I heard about this site from a friend and it seems pretty cool so far.

Semper Fidelis.

Welcome aboard Nebraska...ever hear of the North Platte "Canteen Spirit"?

Gung Ho,

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Merrell View Post
    Welcome aboard Nebraska...ever hear of the North Platte "Canteen Spirit"?

Gung Ho,

Ray

Yes sir, I may be wrong, but I believe it was a troop train that stopped in North Platte, and the townspeople gave sandwiches, coffee, drinks, smokes, etc. to the GIs heading out to the front lines. It was kinda like a sendoff committee I think.

Semper Fi, Tyler.

Marine Free Member Kenneth Havelka's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Well it's taken a few days to get going with this new set up.This is my favorite MARINE site.Best of luck to you all

Just checkin in from Southwest PA near Pittsburgh. Was a nasty reservist from 2000-2006 and made two trips to Iraq for Uncle Sugar. I miss the Corps like crazy, and think about going back in almost every day. See yinz around the boards...

How's everyone doing. I'm just introducing myself, figure it's the natural first step around here. I'm still active duty, been in since '99. Figure it can't hurt to join an online community to be better in tune with popular topics amongst other current and former Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo7Foxtrot View Post
    How's everyone doing. I'm just introducing myself, figure it's the natural first step around here. I'm still active duty, been in since '99. Figure it can't hurt to join an online community to be better in tune with popular topics amongst other current and former Marines.
    Welcome aboard. It gets pretty interesting in here at times on the forum. It's basically 2 agains a whole crap full of Marines when it comes to politics. The War Room is mostly Nam vets but some new guys are coming in.

Welcome Aboard Marine.

Gung Ho,

Ray

New member here. I made an intro on the wrong thread previously and just found this. Still learning my way around.
    Anyway, I got drafted into the Corps during the Viet Nam Era. As luck would have it I didn't have to go there. Spent a year in Calif. and a year on Okinawa.
    Wasn't happy about getting drafted but it turned out being one of the best things that ever happened to me. Will always cherish my experiences as they helped make me who I am today.

Hello, Awesome Site. I was Navy from 1964 - 1976 HT1. Marine Corps Reserve 1976 -1994 MSgt. MOS 2111 small arms repair. Now enjoying retirement with my grand kids

Semper Fi, Mark

Marine Free Member larry warner's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Semper-FI all, just got back myself. Left the computer to play more golf.

Came face to face with my pl. sargent Scot Condelo Vietnam A/126 marines 68-69, and man it was great to see him. So long ago it seems.

Just wanted to say hello. I was active during 83-89 Stationed at Kaneohe Bay, SOMS-24.

Marine Free Member larry warner's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Hi, semper-Fi

Thread Information