Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard

Welcome !!

Quote Originally Posted by 3043pog View Post
    Glad to be aboard!
    DON'T FORGET TO WEAR YOUR HELMET !! S/F!!! Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    DON'T FORGET TO WEAR YOUR HELMET !! S/F!!! Ken
    Yep, and hang any thin skin at the door. After all, we ARE Marines in here, and we get awfully salty at times.

Marine Family Free Member videovixen24's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Smile

Hi,
    My name is Tracey. I'm kinda nervous about posting in her for the simple fact that I'm NOT a Marine. my brother is the Marine. I found this site, because I was browsing around trying to find a site that was offering support for families preparing for deployment. This looked like a real winner... but since I've been browsing around it looks like I'm surrounded by mostly Marine to Marine support. I really hope i'm not stepping on any toes here by posting. I just wanted to introduce myself. and say Hey Yall.

Thank you

and thank every Marine that has given for this country.

Hey to all Marines,
    I came across this website while ii was trying to find out more information about becoming a MARINE.
    I alwayz adored the courage,mentality and faith a Marine has.thatz y I am considering to become a great Marine like the rest of you guyz
    Sincerly, Nigel

I think you need to see this..

This woman deserves our praise and prayers. It bringstears to your eyes!!!
    http://www.militarytimes.com/hancock

This Place can use a little-Female Support-"Are We Not Men?".I don't know about anyone else But I Say-Welcome-Welcome.Now I see Eyeyoulow-has Said Welcome.Hey Eyeyoulow-How You been?.I am sure that other Marines and Doc's will soon make you feel right at Home.

And Also-Friends-and Families-of Marines will Welcome you-not Forgetting "The Drifter"

Hey Eyeyoulow-I see I read that wrong.didn't see the small-print-Your right that-"LADY"-deserves aplause-and Honor for what she does;but you and I know she has a Calling-to do-These Portriats.God Bless Her Forever.Also-I'm sure you would welcome the other woman to Leatherneck.

Quote Originally Posted by PreciseAiim360 View Post
    Hey to all Marines,
    I came across this website while ii was trying to find out more information about becoming a MARINE.
    I alwayz adored the courage,mentality and faith a Marine has.thatz y I am considering to become a great Marine like the rest of you guyz
    Sincerly, Nigel
    .................................................. .........................I am not a Great Marine-I am a
    Great-Squid-Have you Finished High-School yet?.Are you over 18 yrs of age?Can you get into College at this moment?Are any of you parent's-dependent upon you?Do you have a steady job-that would be lost if you joined the Marines?Do you have a Pregnant girlfriend or wife?Do you owe people money?I only mention this because-these things happen-in life.Joining the Marines is not a spur of the moment decision.The Marines are the Best.They have the highest Respect and Honor of any Service-Sometimes you may have to kill people.Are you ready for that?Think about these things.After thinking about these things-If you want to Join-The Few-The Proud-The Best Trainned-then Come on In........Semper FI.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeyoulow View Post
    I think you need to see this..

This woman deserves our praise and prayers. It bringstears to your eyes!!!
    http://www.militarytimes.com/hancock

That was very nice,Thank you for posting this.

Last edited by Marine1955; 09-07-10 at 07:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Yes, very nice Thanks and God Bless

SEMPER FIDELIS
    Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers and Sisters Forever

" In God We Trust"

Cpl Harvey B. "Butch" Harrison Jr.
    God, Country, Corps and Family

Vietvet1968

MARINES are Sui Generis...no wonder no one understands them; regardless of who they are. ONLY A MARINE UNDERSTANDS A MARINE. It is because of our job training and performance. NO ONE has higher standards & morale. There is no Brotherhood like the " BROTHERHOOD FORGED UNDER FIRE " If you ain't been there; being a MARINE you"ll more than likely make it before your enlistment is up. SEMPER FIDELIS!

Vietvet1968@comcast.net
    Roger D. Stewart

As you can see from my signature below, I booted at PI in 1965 (Plt 149). I was a weekend warrier and did not get the chance to to 'Nam. In my 1st year in my reserve unit in Lafayette, Louisiana, I was a grunt and then the unit was changed to a MP company. Did four summer camps at Camp Lejuene and one at Camp Pendleton. Did MP duty at only one summer camp because I transfered, during the summers, to an Amtrack unit in Tampa, Florida and served as a cook (the XO there asked me if I could type - nope; if I could drive a tractor - nope; if I could fix a tractor - nope).

As a 64-year old senior, I'm now taking a creative writing course in a senior citizen center here in Austin, Texas and I'm now writing about my boot days. This message board is tops for jogging my fading memory.

Quote Originally Posted by R Landry View Post
    As you can see from my signature below, I booted at PI in 1965 (Plt 149). I was a weekend warrier and did not get the chance to to 'Nam. In my 1st year in my reserve unit in Lafayette, Louisiana, I was a grunt and then the unit was changed to a MP company. Did four summer camps at Camp Lejuene and one at Camp Pendleton. Did MP duty at only one summer camp because I transfered, during the summers, to an Amtrack unit in Tampa, Florida and served as a cook (the XO there asked me if I could type - nope; if I could drive a tractor - nope; if I could fix a tractor - nope).

As a 64-year old senior, I'm now taking a creative writing course in a senior citizen center here in Austin, Texas and I'm now writing about my boot days. This message board is tops for jogging my fading memory.
    .........Welcome aboard-This Leatherneck-thanks to the creator-will make you feel right at home.It will release hidden memories-and feelings-you thought you didn't have.Suddenly-the Marine training in you.. you will find out you still have.Be glad you didn't go to Nam.It fuks up your head for life-you carry it with you until you leave for the next level.The reason why I have replied to your post-is that I spent many a day and night-in Amtracs and Tanks at Camp Pen.Creative writing courses-teach you to express yourself better.As for being 64 years of age-Don't sweat it-your still young.There is no aging in the Marines and Martial Arts .You have the Marine Corps-watching your back-These people are your brothers-They are the only ones-that understand your makeup-and pride.Before I came here I was lost and didn't even know it.Tears never run down my eyes for anyone-since being here-I have let go of a lot of crap-caused by my emotions-and I have cried a lot.I am not ashamed-it just makes me feel more proud and a better American.I have taken a few English courses and writing courses in my time-Some folks here may not believe-I have some writing skills.Not nearly enough to write a short story or book.Some how I feel free here-and that has made me feel better about myself and life.It's a cold and mean world out there-and trouble is on the way.Welcome back to your family of brothers-Simper Fi and God Bless

Dear Doc,

Thanks for your reply and welcome. You should have seen those blue-haired little ladies in my writing class when I read them my first PISD story. You see, I asked them if they wanted a PG-rated reading or an R-rated version. They exchanged glances and said "Why not, let's hear the R-rated version!" Boy did they flinch when I laced them with the recalled DI expletives.

They also squirmed when I told them about crapping with 9 other guys in a room with no toilet stalls. I'm considering showing them the following clip from Full Metal Jacket, which pretty much sums up my boot experience in 1965.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUc62jD-G0o

Thread Information