Welcome Aboard - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard

Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra316 View Post
    Ran into this site last week and signed up, Have been out of the Corps since August of 1980, glad there is a place to keep up with my brothers

Semper Fi Devil Dogs.....
    Hey Brother. I've been out the same amount of time almost to the month. I got out of the Navy July 19, 1980. I joined this board because I spent 3 years Marine ROTC but ended up going into the Navy anyway. I always seemed to pal around and get along better with the grunts than the Swabs anyway. I had alot of Marine buddies while I was in, just trying to find a few of them. By chance were you in Iceland or Sicily with the Marine detachments there?

Thanks,

Jim (OldSwabbie)

I got out in august of 80 from camp pendelton calif I was one of the unlucky ones, they wouldnt let me go anywhere. stayed in the same spot the whole time...

Red face I am new

My name is tracey and i am new to this site. I am joininig because my BEST FRIEND since kindergarten just joined the Marines and i am SO very proud of him but, i am ALSO very worried about him. I love him in a very brotherly way, but i am going to miss him. We both moved out at a young age of 17 together and bought an aparment. We've been through SO much we often find it hard to believe that me and him didn't end up together in the long run but, i just wanted a support group to belong to apart of a family to try and SOME kind of understanding about the brotherhood he fell in love with and left me for.
    :: Tracey Deau ::

Welcome aboard Ms Tracey. I am sure you will get a hint of what the "brotherhood" is and how much it means to those it affects. Just remember "Love is all". We are all one big family here and feel free to pick our brains (what's left of them)!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Registered User Free Member docsavage's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

This Marine Won't Vote for John McCain

John McCain of 2008 is not the John McCain that was my hero until 2000. In 2000, he let Karl Rove and George Bush (a true idiot) push him around. In 2004, he kissed Bush's ass even though he knew his good friend John Kerry was smarter, braver and more qualified to be president than George Bush.

In 2008, he sold his soul to the Republican Party just to get what amounts to a lifetime achievement award - the nomination to a party that has ruined the country. His judgement, aka Sarah Palin is non-existent. Sarah Palin is an idiot and anyone that votes for her is dumber than dirt. I have always expounded the philosphy to never vote for someone dumber than me, that leaves Sarah Palin out.

John McCain graduated 894th out of 899. Sarah Palin went to five schools to get a BA in communications. Any moron should be able to figure out that someone from Harvard and the Harvard Law review is more qualified, more analytical and regardless of experience the person to lead the country.

The tax bull**** is just that - a lie; Joe the Plumber cares only about Joe the Plumber. How will McCain pay for the 10 billion dollar a month war(s). He is an idiot and any one that votes for him similarly equipped intellectually

docsavage, I think you hit the wrong thread key ----- we're not even talking about your hero!!

SEMPER FI,

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine and Friend

New to this site, am retired MM1(SW) Navy here. I had the pleasure of serving with several marines on the USS Eisenhower, at Dam Neck as well as on the USS Austin LPD-4. I first met a group of young marines on the USS Eisenhower when I checked aboard. As time went on I learned that they were as courius about my job as I was about theirs. I was a engine room snipe. I can say with pride that I never did meet a marine on the Eisenhower that was not professional in any manner. I just learned that a Paulding County GA police officer was killed in a car accident. He also a retired Marine as well as a friend that lived about 4 houses from my family and myself. I know this sailor shead a tear for a marine and will always remember Mick Davis as a friend as well as a person that never met a stranger.

Welcome aboard Tekiba,hope you like it here.
    I have to let you in on something.............When you type the word Marine,as in U.S.Marine ,you should capatilize Marine.......Okay Navy?....

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Note taken, will not let that happen again. BTW I was just informed that Mick Davis was Master Sargent Mick Davis USMC here is more information from another Marine and friend.

http://marylyns.blogspot.com/2008/10...k-o-davis.html

OORAH Marines,
    Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I just got out of the Corps about 2 months ago and am already kicking myself in the arse. Im currently in the process of trying to get back in, but anyways...

Semper Fi Marines

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome aboard Marine! We can always use another Grunt around.

Thumbs up

New here as well, just want to say this.

The United States has the best
    military in the world and the Marines are #1

This site gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling. Like when you've got to make a headcall and you're stuck in formation while standing inspection. I'm still working on reenlistment after medical retirement and the wife is supportive.

She's not supportive enough to make me some SOS in the morning but she'll learn...

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    This site gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling. Like when you've got to make a headcall and you're stuck in formation while standing inspection. I'm still working on reenlistment after medical retirement and the wife is supportive.

She's not supportive enough to make me some SOS in the morning but she'll learn...
    Welcome abord, Ramon. We actually have a whole topic on SOS Recipes, with several variations:
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10779

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Welcome abord, Ramon. We actually have a whole topic on SOS Recipes, with several variations:
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10779
    I'll be surfing there shortly. Her dad is a former-squid and he'd appreciate a hot plate in the morning too.

I'll have to make him some when we're up at the farm for christmas.

Thread Information