Create Post
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Civilians weren't made aware of protective order for Marine

LINDELL KAY & JENNIFER HLAD
    January 13, 2008 - 1:18AM
    DAILY NEWS STAFF
    Civilian investigators have said a military protective order — similar to a restraining order, but authorized by the commanding officer in charge of the Marine being restrained — existed for a pregnant Marine against the Marine accused of killing her, but they were never made aware of it by anyone from Camp Lejeune.

Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and her suspected killer, Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, 21, were personnel clerks with 2nd Marine Logistics Group of the II Marine Expeditionary Force.

First-degree-murder charges have been filed against Laurean, who was identified by Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown as the man who Lauterbach had named in a rape complaint in April.

She was reported missing Dec. 19.

Human remains unearthed in the Half Moon area Saturday may belong to her, authorities said. Lauterbach was in the last trimester of her pregnancy when she disappeared.

At a press conference later Saturday, Brown and District Attorney Dewey Hudson said neither they nor the Naval Criminal Investigative Service were aware of the existence of the MPO until late last week, when detectives found it as they searched Lauterbach’s car.

The order was issued in July and expired in September and said Laurean could not come within 1,000 feet of Lauterbach, Brown confirmed late Saturday.

The Daily News asked Paul Chiccarelli, a civilian in charge of NCIS at Camp Lejeune, during a press conference Friday whether a military protective order had been issued on the behalf of Lauterbach against Laurean. He answered that he was not aware of such an order.

Brown said not only was Chiccarelli unaware of it, neither was Col. Adele Hodges, the base’s commanding officer.

Brown said he joined Chiccarelli in meeting with Hodges on the base Wednesday to talk about their investigation into Lauterbach’s disappearance.

“I spoke to Hodges about the case on Wednesday, and I am confident she did not know about it,” he said late Saturday.

The Daily News asked base officials after Brown made his announcement whether Lauterbach obtained that or other protective orders and what the conditions of those orders might be.

“I hope to have an answer that I know and am confident is accurate that I can provide within the next few days. I want to ensure the answer is correct when I provide it.” Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, a public affairs officer with the II Marine Expeditionary Force, responded in an e-mail.

The MPO was reported by Brown to be one of the items seized by crime scene investigators after Lauterbach’s car was found abandoned at the Jacksonville bus station Monday. As the items were processed Tuesday and Wednesday, detectives entered the MPO into evidence, Brown said.

“As investigators do, we were going full bore at finding Lauterbach. Once we were confident we knew her sad fate yesterday, we began to talk about every aspect of the case, and it was brought to my attention by one of my detectives that they found the order in her car.”

A military protective order can restrict all contact between the two involved parties, require the named service member to stay a certain distance away from the protected person, require the named person to surrender his or her weapons and other provisions.

“I would also like to answer a question that has been asked by members of the media regarding a military protective order,” Brown said in a press release he distributed Saturday. “It is clear that neither NCIS, the base commander, nor I knew that a military protective order existed. I only learned of the existence of a MPO late last night, about midnight. The order was located by my investigators while they were inventorying property that was seized from the vehicle of the victim via a search warrant.

Now that I have been made aware of the MPO, I am letting you know that I do know about the existence of the order.”

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    uh hes in trubble for rape....hummm lets see if he killes her and his unborne chiled...then tell um she killed and burned herself then it will all go away
    something tells me the scum is a deep thinker

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    something tells me your something is rignt Gini

I really think his wife was involved, and she knows where he is.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Laurean spotted outside North Carolina

Witness reports confirmed by law enforcement

January 13, 2008 - 10:00AM
    DAILY NEWS STAFF
    Three witnesses have seen Cpl. Cesar Laurean outside the state of North Carolina, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said today.

All three witnesses have been interviewed extensively by U.S. marshals and are believed to be credible, Brown said.

He is described as a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes. He weighs about 160 pounds. He drives a black 2004 quad cab Dodge pickup, North Carolina license plate number TRR 1522.

When Laurean is returned to Onslow County, he will face charges for the death of 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, who accused Laurean of rape in April and authorities say was pregnant with his child when she disappeared in mid-December.

Saturday, Onslow County authorities issued a warrant for Laurean’s arrest on charges of first-degree murder, financial card fraud and obtaining property by false pretense after investigators unearthed the burned remains of an adult and a fetus buried in a cavity in Laurean’s backyard.

Though officials could not conclusively identify the bodies immediately, there was “compelling evidence” to believe the bodies were that of Lauterbach and her unborn child.

Officials had not initially considered Laurean a flight risk, but he is believed to have fled at 4 a.m. Friday, just hours before investigators learned of a key piece of evidence that led them to his home.

Death is to good for this sh_tbird.

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    MAYBE THEY WILL SHOOT THE FUCING MAGGOT TOO DEATH,WHEN ENCOUNTERED BY THE FUZZ;DURING THE TAKEDOWN!I WILL PRAY FOR THAT 2-DAY IN CHURCH.S/F THAT.
    Death is an easy way out for this maggot. He needs to spend the rest of his life locked up 24/7 in a sound proof cell with no windows, pictures, books, writing materials, or TV and no outside contact. His food should be slid to him under the door, and with a light that stays on 24/7 so he will never know if it's day or night. The only picture should be L/Cpl Maria Lauterbach's boot camp graduation dress blue uniform picture staring at him. So he has nothing to do but set and look at her picture and know that because he was a selfish a$$hole and took two inocent lives he will never ever see the sun shine again.

They ALL need to die for what they done....and locking someone up like that who doesn'y have a concience will do no good. People like that don't have morls much less a concience so he won't regret or repent. He just needs to die. Maybe I'll allow his wife to be locked up and not just killed outright but he needs to die and quick!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!! You bunch of Jarheads!!! Luv ya all !! You show Espirit D Corps. If a Marine takes another Marine's life Yes he deserves to die. But, I think rotting in a prison cell with "nothing" but a picture of his victim, then going to hell satisfys me. I could be wrong, been there before. Semper Fi

Just a thought. Before he is convicted in Civilian court of this, He needs to be Courtmartialed and stripped via a BCD of any Marine Corps Identity. Then Let em fry the sh_t bird.

IMHO, it should never even make it to the civilian court, no offense to them, but I think they should just put up a couple of pictures of her, before he killed her, and after he killed her, and then turn him loose in the squadbay with her squad.......we can take care of our own, and then, and only then, if he survives that, send him to the civvies. Just mt opinion.

Its sad that a someone could do this to his child .Let alone a future Marine & fellow Marine too.Now his fate is in the hands of the Lord with her by his side .Semper Fi sister may you & your beautiful child rest in peace .

Half staff x 2 .

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Before he is convicted in Civilian court of this, He needs to be Courtmartialed and stripped via a BCD of any Marine Corps Identity. Then Let em fry the sh_t bird.
    I believe he should die. If he doesn't eat the barrel before being caught. However if he is caught and extradited back to NC,I would venture to say that his discharge paperwork is already typed up...the inks not dry...waiting to give to him by a legal officer and a representative by his parent unit.

If hes alive and goes to trial in civilian court the USMC has no jurisdiction due to double jepordy....even cesspool scum have rights....I don't agree but thats the system....ask GITMO!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Laurean spotted in Louisiana

Witness reports confirmed by law enforcement

January 13, 2008 - 10:00AM
    DAILY NEWS STAFF
    Three witnesses have seen Cpl. Cesar Laurean, who is wanted in connection with the presumed death of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, outside North Carolina, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said today.

All three witnesses have been interviewed extensively by U.S. marshals and are believed to be credible, Brown said.

Authorities in Shreveport, La. are now searching for Laurean in that area, Brown confirmed in a press conference. Laurean is described as a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with black hair and brown eyes. He weighs about 160 pounds. He drives a black 2004 quad cab Dodge pickup, North Carolina license plate number TRR 1522.

Laurean was spotted in Louisiana about midnight and could be headed into Texas, authorities said Sunday.

An open-ended ticket to El Paso, Texas, that was purchased by Lauterbach on Dec. 15 was never redeemed, Brown has said.

Sunday, Brown would not comment on whether that ticket was in the Sheriff's Department's possession or not.

Laurean was seen getting on or off a Greyhound bus in Shreveport on Saturday night, said Shreveport police Chief Henry Whitehorn Sr.

“We’re working with the U.S. Marshal’s Service and other law enforcement agencies trying to locate him,” Whitehorn told The Associated Press. “We don’t know if he is still in the area. We believe it may have just been a pass through. We received information he may be headed into Texas.”

In Louisiana, Whitehorn said he didn’t know whether it was another passenger on the bus who had spotted Laurean and notified police. Shreveport is roughly 950 miles southwest of Jacksonville, and is about two dozen miles from the Texas border and three hours east of Dallas.

Earlier Sunday, Brown said Laurean was seen by a member of the general public, describing it only as a “transit” sighting. Authorities said they may be less than two hours behind the fugitive, and Brown expressed hope that Laurean would be in custody soon.

“I do feel comfortable that Mr. Laurean will be located,” Brown said, adding that the evidence in the case “leads us to believe that he would be a dangerous and violent person if put in a corner.”

Brown said the FBI, federal marshals, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation are hunting for Laurean. Sheriff’s investigators at the scene are spending much of their time on developing evidence in the investigation, he said.

“While finding him is a main concern, the major concern is that we continue the investigation to clearly find the truth in what happened,” he said.

Lauterbach accused Laurean of rape in April and authorities said she was in the last trimester of a pregnancy with his child when she disappeared in mid-December.

Saturday, Onslow County authorities issued a warrant for Laurean’s arrest on charges of first-degree murder, financial card fraud and obtaining property by false pretense after investigators unearthed the burned remains of an adult and a fetus buried in a cavity in Laurean’s backyard.

Though officials could not conclusively identify the bodies immediately, there was “compelling evidence” to believe the bodies were that of Lauterbach and her unborn child.

They believe Laurean fled Jacksonville before dawn on Friday after leaving behind a note in which he admitted to burying her body, but said Lauterbach cut her own throat in a suicide.

Citing what he described as a violent confrontation inside Laurean’s home — which he said left blood spatters on the ceiling and a massive amount of blood on the wall — Brown has challenged Laurean’s assertion Lauterbach killed herself and asked him to come forward to defend his claims of innocence.

Authorities received the note from Laurean’s wife, who Brown has said is cooperating with authorities.

Officials had not initially considered Laurean a flight risk, but he is believed to have fled at 4 a.m. Friday, just hours before investigators learned of a key piece of evidence that led them to his home.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Above all he must be stripped of his Marine Corps identity. He has dishonored the Corps and hisself and has lost the right to be called a Marine. I find it disturbing that the civilian media continues to show a picture of him in a Marine uniform. Are they trying to discredit my beloved Corps? What he did is NOT Marine Corps. And should not be portrayed as part of the Corps.

Clearly Maria was a selfless person, the fact that she was considering giving her baby up for adoption shows that. May she and the baby rest in peace, May her family find comfort in their memories of her. As for the accused ( as he doesn't deserved to be named in the same post as Maria) may he meet with a fate worse than death it self!!!

Thread Information