Terminal leave
Create Post

Thread: Terminal leave

Terminal leave

Am I supposed to maintain Marine Corps grooming standards while on terminal leave??

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Read the rules of the site

AND FILL IN YOUR PROFILE

Technically I'd say yes but realistically I'd say what do you think? I went on terminal for a month and a half before I EASed and the last thing I thought about was USMC grooming standards. Not to say I turn into the Big Lebowski or anything but to each his own...you are getting out right, then WTF?

Thanks for the reply, I guess the only reason im asking is, I will still be in the area of my duty station for a week awaiting TMO, and I may want to go on base to go to the gym, but i dont really want to deal with the old "HEY MARINE" business...I guess im a little excited still, been waiting 4 years to grow some facial hair...LOL

Active Duty guys can still grow a little Hitler mustache yes?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you are going to be in the AO for a couple,of weeks, then stay groomed, but when you go home, the hell with it! I was on terminal leave fro 45 days and looked like a kid on the block when i got out! No one around so who cares what you look like, just don't wear the uniform out of standards and regs!

I'd agree with davblay. IF you are remaining in the AO, stick with the standards to avoid headaches; your ID card will still show you as an active duty Marine, you CAN still be subjected to the whims of the UCMJ.

Once you are at home, wherever that is, as long as you aren't trying to use some kind of military facilities, go for it.

Thread Information