new to marine life
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new to marine life

hello everyone! i am nicole, i recently married the man of my dreams and what makes it better hes a marine. i love him so much and support him in every move he makes, im the one that got him to reenlist becasue he loves the corps so much. the only thing is that we have not received our orders yet and have no idea where we are goin. im going crazy because we are living at my fathers house.( way to many people) brandon put me on this site so i can met people that can help me with my fear of moving on my own the first time and meeting new people that are corps wifes and family. i have no idea about alot of stuff like what to do what not to do, where i can go where i cant, i told him im gonna look stupid because i dont know anything about the marine corps and their ways. he told me that i would be fine but im still nervous. i dated him through his frist 4 years and we only talked about it a little because i was so gald to have him home i didnt want to bring anything up about it. ( he was stationed in hawaii and had one tour to iraq). so i guess im done ramblin and was hoping that somebody can help me!

THANKS!
    Nicole Prince

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome aboard Nichole! "volunteer firefighter", that is so cool. We got many resources and a huge live knowledge base if you ever have any questions.

Welcome to the Marine Corps!

Hi Nicole, I'm Tina

First...Welcome to this site and Congratulations on your marriage.
    Second...Marine is always capitalized when written.
    Third...don't feel stupid about not knowing things, we were all new to this life at one time. My husband has been a Marine for 15 yrs, and I still have questions about things, just ask. As for not getting his orders yet, relax, get your things in order since you know you will be moving. There is a lot of "hurry up and wait", are you enrolled in DEERS? Do you have an ID card?
    If you want to private message me you can or email me, it's up to you.

Tina

Hi Nicole, my name is Jody how are you? Is your husband on deployment?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Dear Jody,

He's in her buddy list and living with her right now! You ought to take some Jody pointers from FIST! ROTFLMAO!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    LMAO - you are NOT right!

thank you so much for that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Hello Nicole

And Welcome to the Marine Corps family. Any of the questions that you will ask are first of all not dumb. Second of all you have never done som of this stuff ever. I refer to Tina she is the wife that probably has most of the good and up to date advice on what goes on for moving. If you are going overseas you may need to consider getting the process for a passport started.

Please let us know how things are going.

Good luck. And Happy New Year

NO hes NOT on deployment. and i know its not goin to be a rose garden, BUT I MARRIED A MARINE BECUASE I WAS UP FOR A CHALLENGE!

u go girl,,I was just playing with you,,tell me about it after 4 years,,good luck!

thewookie-aka-Jody--thats just wrong, very funny, but so wrong.

Marinewife12107--no one is questioning your feelings for your Marine, but it is tough sometimes, so it's good your up for a challenge. With that, you also need a good sense of humor, so lighten up and be a little more flexible, because you can laugh or cry....I personally choose to laugh...

thanks to everybody for answering my post.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Nicole

Seriously, let us know if we can help in anyway. We are a bunch of different people here mostly Marines, and we have the occational wife which without the wife there isn't much that is going to happen in the positive sense. The wife is a huge part of the Marine Corps family.

Credits
    Savings
    Welcome aboard.
    As others have stated,you have a HUGE family now.
    What you don't know they will help you with.
    Ever heard adjust-adapt-overcome ?
    You will have many "moves" in your future most likely.
    Differant cultures-people-customs. Relax and enjoy.
    You already got advice to get your paperwork in order I would consider this a primary objective.
    If I can be of assistance,don't hesitate to pm me

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    You're killing me....LMAO!!!

Thread Information