Females allowed COMBAT ENGINEER MOS?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member DEAVILA's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Females allowed COMBAT ENGINEER MOS?

I depped in June 6th 2007 my junior Year of High School..and I still have not chosen My MOS..I've been talking to Marines about their MOS's and Googled a few as well..I really really really want to go COMBAT ENGINEER..i talked to my recruiter about it, but He said that Females are Not allowed. I also Talked to a friend of mine. He's a Marine stationed in Hawaii..He's a 1371 Combat Engineer and said that Females ARE allowed...So im Confused!!...i WENT to ************* Under Engineer MOS's..it does not say (males only)..it says that under Infantry, Artillery, Tank....But Not Engineer..So Can anyone really clear this up for me?..ARE FEMALES ALLOWED TO BE COMBAT ENGINEERS?
    *THANK YOU!

I know a couple female combat engineers.

Credits
    Savings
    THEN that Means I can Get that MOS..whoo HOo!..You just made my DAY!..

Yes, unless the Marine Corps wants you to do something else.

I thought you were going to be a Reservist?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DAMMIT, Jimmy. I just tried to blow that friggig bug offin my screen. You got the he11 out of me on that one. LMAO. You little puke,, $hit.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    DAMMIT, Jimmy. I just tried to blow that friggig bug offin my screen.
    LOL! Doofus!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks, Sis. I needed that.

Sparkie,
    Dont feel bad, it has gotten me a few times. Get me once, shame on the bug, get me twice....and I am not taking the blame!

It might be an MOS closed to Females for the time being, meaning females can not enlist in that MOS at this current time (there may be some already in the MOS but they had enlisted in it before it was closed) I know the branches can do this, if you were trying to go into the navy right now as a corpsman theyd give you a no go because you are a female, its because they are seeing alot more combat than usual right now because of Iraq.

But hey Devil Pup keep your head high and keep trying.

Negative, negative. By law, they cannot keep you out of an MOS just because you *might* see combat or *will* see combat, etc. etc.

Now, if the MOS is full, you won't get it, period. Doesn't matter who or what you are.

The only MOS's that are restricted for women right now are Infantry, Armor, Artillery, and, I believe, CounterIntelligence.

Everything else is open and available for women.

That being said, make sure you know EXACTLY what you are getting into, and CAN DO THE JOB you want.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I don't see why not.....with my three daughters when they were living at home and my bride they were ALL qualified to blow and tear shiat up! I had my own fire team!

I agree that it may a closed MOS...at one time last year or the year before someone (poolee) posted that the grunts were closed for that fiscal year. So you might just have to wait. Don't take any wooden nickles! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun
    Negative, negative. By law, they cannot keep you out of an MOS just because you *might* see combat or *will* see combat, etc. etc.

Now, if the MOS is full, you won't get it, period. Doesn't matter who or what you are.

The only MOS's that are restricted for women right now are Infantry, Armor, Artillery, and, I believe, CounterIntelligence.

Everything else is open and available for women.

That being said, make sure you know EXACTLY what you are getting into, and CAN DO THE JOB you want.

You go and ask a navy recruiter if the corpsman mos is taking females at this current time, all the ones I've talked to have given a big negative.

Good chance the MOS is full. Otherwise, they are violating DoD policy (unless the navy has suddenly decided to arbitrarily tell females they can't be corpsman).

If that be the case, they are gonna get burned.

The next time I see a navy recruiter, I'll ask.

Credits
    Savings
    ok..So let me get this straight.. I CAN Be a Combat Engineer..BUT!, it might be closed...and/or Theres a Possibility that I cant enlist in that MOS at this current time?..So now, I have to talk to my recruiter about this again..He Keeps saying that I cant be a Combat Engineer because Im a Female..So In the Nicest way possible, i will have to tell him if he could check again for me..lol..

JIMMY K..I read somewhere that there are Combat Engineer Reservist...So thats why i really want to do this...and I have other reasons of course..
    Oh and that friggin Bug, got me Once too!..Funny as hell though..LOL..

Thank You all for the HELP!

Thread Information