Marine Fired for Apprehending a Shop-Lifter
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Marine Fired for Apprehending a Shop-Lifter

Man Fired For Stopping Shoplifter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Schultz had just gone on break at Whole Foods Market in Ann Arbor when he heard some commotion at the front of the store.
    A manager and another employee had cornered a man trying to steal some groceries. All three chased him outside and that's where Schultz, a former Marine, took him down and declared he was making a citizen's arrest. But the store manager ordered Schultz to let him go. He did and the suspect got away, but about $300 in groceries was saved.
    You might think an "Employee of the Month" award at the very least would be in Schultz's future. Not so much.
    "Christmas Eve they called me into the team leader's office," said Schultz, "and explained to me that, in apprehending a criminal or a suspect in a crime of retail fraud, that I was immediately suspended from work."
    In fact, Schultz was fired for violating the store's "no touching" policy regarding customers.
    The store says that's not both sides of the story, but would not elaborate.
    "Realistically, not all the relevant facts have been shared," said David Lewis.
    Ann Arbor police say Schultz did not commit a crime and Schultz said he would do the same thing again.

What kind of idiot is running this store?????????? I sent my regards to this poor excuse for a business!!!!!!!!! This PC crap is going too ****ing far!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Quote Originally Posted by OLE SARG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Schultz had just gone on break at Whole Foods Market in Ann Arbor when he heard some commotion at the front of the store.
    A manager and another employee had cornered a man trying to steal some groceries. All three chased him outside and that's where Schultz, a former Marine, took him down and declared he was making a citizen's arrest. But the store manager ordered Schultz to let him go. He did and the suspect got away, but about $300 in groceries was saved.
    You might think an "Employee of the Month" award at the very least would be in Schultz's future. Not so much.
    "Christmas Eve they called me into the team leader's office," said Schultz, "and explained to me that, in apprehending a criminal or a suspect in a crime of retail fraud, that I was immediately suspended from work."
    In fact, Schultz was fired for violating the store's "no touching" policy regarding customers.
    The store says that's not both sides of the story, but would not elaborate.
    "Realistically, not all the relevant facts have been shared," said David Lewis.
    Ann Arbor police say Schultz did not commit a crime and Schultz said he would do the same thing again.

What kind of idiot is running this store?????????? I sent my regards to this poor excuse for a business!!!!!!!!! This PC crap is going too ****ing far!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
    IN MY OPINION, THAT DAM PLACE WASN'T WORTH HAVING A JOB THEN!!! AND IF THAT MANAGER FIRES SOMEONE FOR DEFENDING WHAT IS ONLY NATURALLY RIGHT BY STOPPING SOMEONE FROM RUNNING WHEN THEY'RE STEALING FROM YOUR ESTABLISHMENT, THAT EMPLOYEE IS TO BE COMMENDED, NOT FIRED!!! WHAT KIND OF FRIKKEN QUEERS ARE THESE STORE OWNERS?!?! THAT MARINE DESERVES A BETTER JOB AND A BETTER BOSS AND THANKS FOR DOING A GOOD JOB!!!!

Sorry to hear it. Most stores have policies in place to prevent issues like this... Marine or not.

I worked several years in loss prevention and there is nothing scarier than associate that "wants to help" dad fix the car when it comes to shoplifting apprehensions. Watching out for yourself, your partner, some dude cracked up out of his mind and his get away driver is enough...add in the unknown associate, without training....whew!

Hopefully it works out for him, but I would be suprised if the store wasn't covered by policy.

Strange. I hope the Marine gets a better job.

Ssgt Nelson posted this one in another thread with more detail.

Looks like he breached their "no touch" policy of customers. Definitely could be a liability to the store from their point of view.

As stated in my original post, this PC **** HAS GONE TOO ****ING FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

I Agree

As stated in my original post, this PC **** HAS GONE TOO ****ING FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
    I know we cant let kids play dodgeball etc... This is what Happens when Marines hit the real world

Thats the LIBERAL state of Michigan for ya.

Credits
    Savings
    I wish I had a whole civillian buisness full of take charge Marines.
    Damm the P.C.

thats just how america is changing to be nowadays....a bunch of pu$$ies.

like the law in north dakota stating that you have to cover you kill after the hunt in the back of your truck, thats is f***ing stupid.

you look back when my dad was going through school; no one gave a crap if you had some beef with a kid in class and you took him out back and whooped his a$$. and if you were acting stupid in school the teacher would spank the crap out of you then call your parents and you would get another a$$ whoopin when you got home.

i just see todays generation getting more strict about stupid sh*t and i hate.

here is a great example, so im driving the other day on I-10 in california from 29 palms to ontario to the boot barn. driving at least the speed limit if not less, im not in a hurry. im driving in the right lanes of the freeway and letting the faster traffic pass on the left.
    this harda$$ in his little rice burning civic comes up behind me tail gaiting me, so i let off the acclerator, and he cant get around bc of the heavy traffic, so he stays right on my bumper for about 1/2 mile goin about 40mph. i can tell he is ****ed. so he finally gets around me and flips me the bird as he drives by. i let it go.
    about 15mi. down the road i see him at a gas station, and he wants to run his lip so i tell him lets take it out back and ill give him a good whoopin. he responds with "if you hit me ill take you to court" then i say "....well i better break your f***ing back then bc im going to court either way" and he promptly turns around and gets in his car and speeds off.

where was he in such a hurry to get to is my question. and why was he gonna take me to court instead of man up and knock around fists.

ill tell you why bc he is a pu$$y; and the only thing he knows is to be a pu$$y; and he will breed other pu$$ys.

I SAY THAT MARINE WAS TOTALLY RIGHT IN KNOCKING THAT SHOPLIFTER TO THE DECK.

When I did Loss Prevention for Best Buy before joining we weren't allowed to chase, touch or accuse known theives for fear of invading their precious waste of privacy. On top of that if they are a known theft we had to have someone see him in person take the item and i'm not talking just putting it in their pocket cause they're still "legal" if they do it but open the package, put it in their pocket and attempt to leave. thats the only way we could get them. stores fear too much, if im making billions of dollars a year whats there to worry about?

i guess thats why you don't hear about marines owning franchises and mega million dollar companies....

that and a sign outside saying "steal if you want, i have Marines on loss prevention" would probably offend some poor crack head trying to steal for his next fix.

i remember being at a party one time and a guy swung on my friend, i came to his support and took the guy out. he threatened to sue me afterwards. pussification of america much? the guy easily outweighed me and his arms were the size of my thigh but he had to fall back on legal trash.

My LAWYER is bigger than your LAWYER!

****ing lawyers HAVE CREATED this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Pussies

****ing lawyers HAVE CREATED this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
    Nope, pussy business owners who won't stand up for their employees created this problem. They are more worried about the almighty dollar and their insurance premiums than they are about anything else. Us lawyers don't go to court without clients.

Retail

Got out of Loss Prevention for that very reason. We went from retrieving the companies property using what ever force was neccessary to basically helping the perp carry the stolen merch. to his car. Companies have realized that losses from shoplifting are far less than those from the pansy ass courts rewarding low lifes for stealing because you violated his space or defended yourself and kicked his butt. LP is now a bean counter profession. I hope that brother Marine finds a career that rewards for honesty and integrety

Thread Information