Short Stories
Create Post

Thread: Short Stories

Thumbs up Short Stories

I stumbled across a few well written short stories by, Mike McFerrin on the Mike 3/5 website that dont take a Mud Marine to appreciate. You gotta dig around in the archives (i forgot where) but there around somewhere.

--->Dave

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    dont know if this is a good place to tel a good story of nam but here goes anyway

we were moveing into posission for a block. all the details are sorte of foggy.. its been a few years but anyway i was pointing and on the way went by a cupple tunnels. and as it wasnt my turn to rat moved on up ahead..i think all three plts were with us that day because the 6 was with us...uppon 2nd plt comeing to the tunnels they desided to investigate so a rat was chosen.. uppon his starting to enter the tunnel he heard movement in the hole , so the 6 had his kit karson scout tell who ever was in the tunnel to come on out and give his or their selves up...after a bit of viet chatter the scout said "him say him not come out" the 6 told the scout "you tell him if he doesnt come out we will frag the tunnel...so the scout bent down and translated into the tunnel... listend for a little then said "him say him still not come out"...6 told the scout tell him one last chace to come out..."scout translates listens then repeats "him say him not come out
    so a frag was tossed into the tunnel ( all the time info on ths was being relayed by radio to the brass in the rear)...after the frag went off and the dust settled a little the rat went in....after a bit a cupple shots were heard the a paus then the rat came out packing a slitly wounded chicken...and handed it to the 6 who therw it to the groung and jumped on it the said into the radio...we have one confermed kianva chicken

always thought that nietnamese sounded a little fowl

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    One of the funniest ones I heard yet!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    in early 1970 Charlie Write was our squad leader
    he upon reading a playboy or some other mag of that typ read an add about a bubber blow up doll that would comfort you therw those lonly nights
    you could see the dollars singhns pop up in his eyes and so he ups and sends for one...all the time telling us how he is going to be the richest man to leave vietnam...thes went on and on ..how hw was going to charge everyone in the other two plts $15 an hr. and the other two squads in our plt $10.. but as for us in his squad we would get the low low price of $5 an hr.

we would tell him that he was a very ill person needing help
    but he would jus smill with those $$ in his eyes and say all you horny Marines out here in the bush all this time and no women..hell you all will be standing in line.
    well to make a long story short the big day came and charly was all smles ans dollars sighns when he was oppening the box...in fackt he had a hard time getting a lip-lock on the doll to blow her up he was smilling so big

after the beautifull lady was full of charlies hot air he looked her over and to his dismay she wasnt anatomicly corect for his plans....no openings anywhere
    so right there in front of the whole out of control loughing squad he pulled out hi knife and murderd the pore thing.
    all was not lost...at least for a cupple of days. she came with this long straw collord wig that one of the grunts took and put on his head..and i mite say it did inprove his looks some.. but as all doog things must do it also ended when the lt. informed him it was out of the Marine corps dress cde and that he had to get rid of it...was another day in the bush

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Montana

Montana that was a very good story, and does the 6 refer to the Staff sgt. or
    Platoon leader.!?
    geneo
    Quote Originally Posted by montana
    dont know if this is a good place to tel a good story of nam but here goes anyway

we were moveing into posission for a block. all the details are sorte of foggy.. its been a few years but anyway i was pointing and on the way went by a cupple tunnels. and as it wasnt my turn to rat moved on up ahead..i think all three plts were with us that day because the 6 was with us...uppon 2nd plt comeing to the tunnels they desided to investigate so a rat was chosen.. uppon his starting to enter the tunnel he heard movement in the hole , so the 6 had his kit karson scout tell who ever was in the tunnel to come on out and give his or their selves up...after a bit of viet chatter the scout said "him say him not come out" the 6 told the scout "you tell him if he doesnt come out we will frag the tunnel...so the scout bent down and translated into the tunnel... listend for a little then said "him say him still not come out"...6 told the scout tell him one last chace to come out..."scout translates listens then repeats "him say him not come out
    so a frag was tossed into the tunnel ( all the time info on ths was being relayed by radio to the brass in the rear)...after the frag went off and the dust settled a little the rat went in....after a bit a cupple shots were heard the a paus then the rat came out packing a slitly wounded chicken...and handed it to the 6 who therw it to the groung and jumped on it the said into the radio...we have one confermed kianva chicken

always thought that nietnamese sounded a little fowl

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    the 6 was Company Co.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

The # 6

So your telling me that the Co. was actually out there in the bush with you guy's ?.
    it must have been real secure for him to join you.. glad you made it back,
    geneo
    Quote Originally Posted by montana
    the 6 was Company Co.

Poor bastard. There went his love life. haha
    Loved the story.

Thread Information