2 referrals is the worst thing you can do.
Create Post

2 referrals is the worst thing you can do.

Theres nothing that teases you more than getting a couple of certificates and a piece of paper from the RS that refers to you by a rank that isn't yours (Private), which says you can be promoted to another rank that isn't yours (Private First Class), and that you shipped to recruit training in the past tense in a date which is 6 months in the future.

Whats worse is when one of your referrals already shipped out a month ago, and you get to watch him come back a Marine while you're still waiting to graduate from high school.

huh?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Relax Mike! Your time will come.

just wait when you graduate, youll be happy you had those referals

No, getting referrals means you'll make a little more money early in your career- and that isn't bad.

No kiddin. Take a chill pill.

I already have 1 referral and am going to get my second soon. How is it not great?

It's awesome that i'm going to be able to start a little higher up. you get more money, responsibility will come onto you quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by DGardner
    I already have 1 referral and am going to get my second soon. How is it not great?

It's awesome that i'm going to be able to start a little higher up. you get more money, responsibility will come onto you quicker.
    I guess the smily face at the end didn't accomplish its intended purpose. Sarcasm is pretty hard to convey over the internet. I just thought it'd be pretty funny to try to find the disadvantages of something that is completely to one's advantage.

Ub3rmike, when you go to boot camp, pay attention to the ORM class. I recommend standing up the whole time.

I shipped to recruit training June 11th, my buddy was a contract PFC, I was pvt. I meritoriously picked up PFC July 30th, how it was july 30th, when I didn't graduate till sept. 7th I'm not quite sure, but my paperwork says I've been an E-2 since that date.

Anyways, my buddy will be picking up LCpl 9 months after June 11th, I will be picking up LCpl 9 months after July 30th... my other buddy, JUST picked up PFC in December, which means it will be September 2008 before he picks up LCpl, we will have already been Lances for a few months, shoot, my buddy will almost rate a cutting score to pick up Cpl when my other buddy rates LCpl!

Being a contract PFC puts you six months ahead of the game, not just now, but in the long run. I wish I could have done it.

Thread Information