No emblem on Dress Blue collar? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was promoted to LCpl the day before I checked into my current unit - I was squared away but didnt have time to get the new chevrons sewn on my alpha coat... that was a year ago and most of the admin guys still call me PFC just to mess with me

Quote Originally Posted by cAs View Post
    Many new junior enlisted marines AND EVEN NEWLY COMMISSIONED OFFICERS are nervous when they first check in anywhere. Sometimes they are in a hurry and forget a few things... As long as they get squared away before they officially check in then they are good, if not then they will get locked on quick. I work At IPAC and i've seen my fair share of messed up Marines... Just pull them aside and help them out... funny thing is i've had 2nd Lt's standing at parade rest for me when I help fix them.

Way too true. We never wear anything but the utilities at OCS. Those who do PLC will often commission in blues and it will be their first time ever wearing them. I have to report to TBS in service alphas, and without my sister (an NCO), I'd have no one to call out my mistakes.

If you see someone improperly wearing a uniform, you should call them out in a tactful manner and square their s*** away.

Missing Dress Blue EG&A...

Sergeant. Thanks for being kind to this "freshly minted" Marine. He was not fully informed of dress blue basics at Boot Camp. I am sure he will not do it again...nor soon forget the episode.

Semper Fidelis
    1965-1969
    3rd Tank Bn.

THAT..is what Sergeants are 'supposed' to do...at least, that's what I was always taught, anyway

UMD student, you are correct. You'd think the officers would get a class or two on how to wear what...but it often doesn't happen and ya'll get crap for it....

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    THAT..is what Sergeants are 'supposed' to do...at least, that's what I was always taught, anyway

UMD student, you are correct. You'd think the officers would get a class or two on how to wear what...but it often doesn't happen and ya'll get crap for it....

That is true, but that comes with the territory. We are taught to be the example, (ductus exemplo - leadership by example, is the motto of Marine Corps Officer Candidate School) so we should be expected to wear the uniform properly. We are also taught to listen to the NCOs and SNCOs. There are always a few available to help us out with things like that. I'm glad I have SNCOs to count on for things like that. We have to learn somewhere too.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This is the DIs and MCRDs duty to teach the Recruits when they get their uniforms to wear and put the EG&A on the right collar. Left and right in board not out on Alphas and Blues. Also on the Covers. That is why they call them inspections. If someone forgot the EG&As on their collars, they were not taught right or did not get inspected in all their issues. The DIs, Series Commanders, are to blame for this if uniforms are not worn right. Of how inspections were done when most of us went threw Boot and there was a gig, after most got bent.

Semper Fi

Are garrison covers the standard headgear now? Just wondering. When I was in we wore the **** cutters.

its at your option i rarely wear my barracks cover usually when checking in its the garrison for me

Back in the day we all tied our ties with the four in hand knot, it is Marine Corps tradition.

First time I wore blues I had my EGA's on backwards, thankfully another Marine in civies corrected me

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    Are garrison covers the standard headgear now? Just wondering. When I was in we wore the **** cutters.
    Garrison covers are **** cutters. You're probably thinking of the barracks cover <---- that one in green. They are both standard issue and can be prescribed. When not prescribed, you have a choice of which one to wear.

Thanks for the info. Stay safe

Thread Information