No emblem on Dress Blue collar?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

No emblem on Dress Blue collar?

I just saw a brand new Marine Private in his issued blues. Looked pretty good not much out of place... But then I noticed his collar. Buttons!!?? What happend to the Eagle Globe and Anchor? He said it was issued that way.

My blues have the golden Eagle globe and anchor on the collar, I mean you have to put it on there but you get issued them.

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good thing we were in church....

Even worse...he lied about the Marine EGA....in Church.

There was no immediate divine retribution???

Definently not issued that way, he was mistaken or just plain dumb. I was just issued mine (graduated last friday) and had to put the Eagle Globe and Anchors on the collar. The Eagle Globe and Anchors are issued to you at the same time, you just have to put them on there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC
    I just saw a brand new Marine Private in his issued blues. Looked pretty good not much out of place... But then I noticed his collar. Buttons!!?? What happend to the Eagle Globe and Anchor? He said it was issued that way.
    Sgt you haven't been out that long! The proper thing would have been to call him aside, in private, and explained it to him. He would have appreciated it I am sure. The next time he may not be so lucky as to have a Marine like you that sees him that way!

Semper Fi.

Dave

There have been so many uniform changes as late though,....WMs barracks covers, PT gears, boots, shoes. I would triple guess myself in that spot, but I wouldn't let im get away with it twice.

I would tell im
    "God knows what you are doing. As an NCO in the Corps, he doesn't approve, nor do I"

LOL! Yeah, I'd have done an on the spot correction there for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun
    LOL! Yeah, I'd have done an on the spot correction there for sure...
    I'm with you on that one, even if the regs have changed that one is too odd to not say something in my opinion. I'd honestly rather say something and be told it was changed then not say anything at all. Especially considering we're talking about wearing the dress blues in public.

We had a kid fresh out of boot, showed up to help our Toys for Tots without the EGA on his blues. At least he admitted he forgot to put them on and didn't come up with some lie or worthless excuse

God would not have minded if you corrected one of his guards at his house.

iT'S REAL SAD TO HEAR ABOUT MARINES JUST OUT OF BOOT CAMP FORGETTING WHAT WE WHERE TAUGHT. TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR UNIFORM AND IN YOURSELF, DONT FORGET WHAT YOU WHERE TAUGHT ON THE DEPOT WAS REPEATED TO ME BY MY DRILL INSTRUCTORS. ALL OF 3D PHASE IS USUALLY HOW TO WEAR YOUR UNIFORMS. JUST RECENTLY I WAS STATIONED IN NSA MERIDIAN IN MISSISSIPPI FOR MOS SCHOOL. NEW GROUP OF MARINES FRESH FROM MCT GETTING READY TO CHEK IN, IN THERE ALPHAS.ONE WAS JUST ALL F***ED UP 1- WITH NOW EAGLE, GLOBE AND ANCHORS ON THE COLLARS. 2- HIS GARRISON COVER WITH DUSK ON THE FRAME. 3- TIE NOT DONE SAID HE FORGOT HOW TO DO A FULL WINDSOR KNOT. FIRST THING IS FIRST I PULLED HIM A SIDE CHEWED HIM OUT AND TOLD HIM ITS OK MARINE ALL YOU NEED IS SOME GOOD SUPERVISION AND AN NCO TO SQUARE YOU AWAY. TOOK HIM TO MY ROOM, I WAS TAUGHT TO HAVE SPARES OF EVERY UNIFORM MATERIAL. SO I HANDED HIM EAGLE GLOBE AND ANCHORS, DID HIS TIE THAN UNDID IT AND MADE HIM DO IT TO MAKE SURE HE KNEW HOW TO TIE IT. LET HIM BORROW MY COVER. I WASN'T GOING TO LET HIM START HIS JOURNEY IN OUR CORPS LOOKING LIKE A BAG OF A**.

Many new junior enlisted marines AND EVEN NEWLY COMMISSIONED OFFICERS are nervous when they first check in anywhere. Sometimes they are in a hurry and forget a few things... As long as they get squared away before they officially check in then they are good, if not then they will get locked on quick. I work At IPAC and i've seen my fair share of messed up Marines... Just pull them aside and help them out... funny thing is i've had 2nd Lt's standing at parade rest for me when I help fix them.

$hit ---i would have made him get on the altar and do mountain climbers---------------and whoever objected would be up there to

I HAD JC DOUBLING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHABET4SHORT View Post
    iT'S REAL SAD TO HEAR ABOUT MARINES JUST OUT OF BOOT CAMP FORGETTING WHAT WE WHERE TAUGHT. TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR UNIFORM AND IN YOURSELF, DONT FORGET WHAT YOU WHERE TAUGHT ON THE DEPOT WAS REPEATED TO ME BY MY DRILL INSTRUCTORS. ALL OF 3D PHASE IS USUALLY HOW TO WEAR YOUR UNIFORMS. JUST RECENTLY I WAS STATIONED IN NSA MERIDIAN IN MISSISSIPPI FOR MOS SCHOOL. NEW GROUP OF MARINES FRESH FROM MCT GETTING READY TO CHEK IN, IN THERE ALPHAS.ONE WAS JUST ALL F***ED UP 1- WITH NOW EAGLE, GLOBE AND ANCHORS ON THE COLLARS. 2- HIS GARRISON COVER WITH DUSK ON THE FRAME. 3- TIE NOT DONE SAID HE FORGOT HOW TO DO A FULL WINDSOR KNOT. FIRST THING IS FIRST I PULLED HIM A SIDE CHEWED HIM OUT AND TOLD HIM ITS OK MARINE ALL YOU NEED IS SOME GOOD SUPERVISION AND AN NCO TO SQUARE YOU AWAY. TOOK HIM TO MY ROOM, I WAS TAUGHT TO HAVE SPARES OF EVERY UNIFORM MATERIAL. SO I HANDED HIM EAGLE GLOBE AND ANCHORS, DID HIS TIE THAN UNDID IT AND MADE HIM DO IT TO MAKE SURE HE KNEW HOW TO TIE IT. LET HIM BORROW MY COVER. I WASN'T GOING TO LET HIM START HIS JOURNEY IN OUR CORPS LOOKING LIKE A BAG OF A**.
    Youve been in our Marine Corps for 6 months...? Good on you. Why didnt he just dust off his BARRACKS COVER though? Or leave his tie TIED like most dirtbag devil dudes do. And a full windsor looks like complete a$$ in Alphas. Its been a long time since I left MCT but I am fairly certain that from Geiger to MS he wore his Alphas on the plane... And several people saw him. Why anybodys EGA's would be off in the first place, having only worn Alphas TWICE so far, boggles my mind. Shoulda left him for the wolves, if infact, he was that jacked up.

Thread Information