Non issue knives
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Non issue knives

I want to send a custom knife to a Marine from my old infantry unit. The Army has a policy of recieiving it but having to leave it at the end of the tour.

I would hate to see a custom knife left in Afghan or some stupid reg.

Can anyone who has left country recently from a infantry unit give me some advice?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Post Office (USPS) won't let you ship weapons by mail....

You have to declare...

So is that an FPO rule? I ship knives all the time in the states with priority

My oldest son is a custom knife maker he ships mostly UPS

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung View Post
    My oldest son is a custom knife maker he ships mostly UPS
    Does he ship to Afghan?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cant help you this day and age, which is so sad, I got my wife to ship me a DSPS303 back in the Nam, they let anything and eveything come and go back then.
    Too bad now, the feds got our butthole so stinking watertight with regs, sickening.

I recieved a custom Striker knife in Iraq, brought it back no problem.

shipping

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsinwalter View Post
    Does he ship to Afghan?
    He ships world wide.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I could be wrong...

I have sent packages and had to declare....nothing illegal.

Weapons,drugs ect.

As long as legal....go for it.

I was under the assumption of needing a license to send anything in mail...

Firearms,knives,nu chuks,stars,knuckles....etc. since 911.

Yo, PB you have to be a FFL to send guns or ammo and the last time I had it done I was told that FedX is the only one that will send ammo but that UPS will send guns, knives, etc. But guns have to be shipped by a FFL dealer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Actually, you dont have to be a FFL holder to send a lot fo stuff, but you do have to be an FFL or State dealer to send entire firearms, unless its classifeid as antique.

Antique being non metallic cartridges, black powder only and usually a muzzle loader.

You can send ammo thru UPS but you do need to have the FFL or dealer lic. for your state.

You can send any or all parts for a firearm but not the frame for assembly, the frame is what he BATF&E are going to track, parts is parts as far as they're concerned, you cant make a firearm work without a frame so they concentrate on the frames for now.

I never heard of any restrictions on knives other than switchblades, many states are in deathly fear of the little beggars, why I cannot say but for some reason the more communistic states fear switchblades almost as much as the plague.

most of these old draconian laws were the result of corrupt politicians in league with their cohorts in crime back in the day and had laws enacted to keep them from being shot or stabbed whilst committing crimes and misdemeanors for profit,

most of which said politicians took thier cut from as well, hence cant have the help being shot while making a buck eh?

I woudl advise checking your local laws first, call the local sheriff or state police or just hop on down to the local shooting gallery and ask the resident dealer for advice, they are usually up to snuff on the law as they dont want any unwarrented visits from the stazi BATF & E.

Have fun whatever you decide.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    by the by , you dont have to say that your sending your buddy a double edged weapon of mass destruction to lop off heads of taliban camel humpers, you could declare it simply as cutllery,
    I am somehting of a amature chef and buy knife sets all the time thru the USPS and UPS as well.
    just be smart about it not stupid foolish.
    When your buddy gets it have him call you and then you can gab all you want about how many ears he takes in gahndistan.

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsinwalter View Post
    I want to send a custom knife to a Marine from my old infantry unit. The Army has a policy of recieiving it but having to leave it at the end of the tour.

I would hate to see a custom knife left in Afghan or some stupid reg.

Can anyone who has left country recently from a infantry unit give me some advice?
    GENTLEMEN!

I don't think anyone has actually answered the question presented.

He has no issue with getting the item TO his friend. He wants to be sure, before he ships it, that his Marine friend will be able to find a way to get it back home with him.

Personal belongings, and all that happy stuff; where does the Corps stand these days? Will his friend be able to bring a fine weapon home with him, or will he need to find a UPS office, and send it to himself at home?

Isn't that what you wanted to ask Walter?

And... I just gotta ask, as a fellow blade enthusiast, what is it?

My dad sent me a k bar when I was in afghan and I got back no problem. They mailed it USPS...

Hand carry the thing, or put it on your (whatever field gear they are using now) and go from there.

Totally stupid.

Thread Information